Broadbandforum.co Blocked By Airtel

and u think u are saving miliseconds by accessing airtel dns server?pings are not going to save much time for you if the server itself sucks in delivering the results. and we are talking about ms here. duh. no need to justify. am happy with level 3.

Few milliseconds?

With open DNS

[root@localhost win_c]# dig www.google.com

; DiG 9.3.2 www.google.com
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER

Heh, how you got google's ping time to that low? 53 ms? That is 1 crazy ping. What's the DNS your using? My airtel dns ping is at about 400-500 ms. And using Open DNS is about 350-400 ms.EDIT:Opps OFF TOPIC SORRY ABOUT THAT

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Dec 25 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]71679[/snapback]
ok I figure out a way to solve the problem... I think the problem occurs when you have set up your DNS server addresses to be obtained automatically. So go into the properties of your network connection, click on TCP/Ip and click on Properties. Change to \"Use the following DNS Server Addresses\" and enter:

208.67.222.222 ---> Preferred DNS Server
208.67.220.220 ---> Alternate DNS server

That solved the problem for me, and I could access the forum instantly, whereas I couldn't for the last few hours or so.[/b]

Thanks a ton man!!
its works now.

Before, I could only visit this forums through proxy.

I kinda noticed how changing the DNS address has also made my browsing faster.

Btw, you really think Airtel is blocking this site?
I don't think so.

Because along with Broadbandforum.in, I could also not open others forums like allaboutsymbian.com (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/)

And now, I can.

I was having problems with yet another site, which on opendns works. But naming that forum here will get me banned as it deals with pr0n and warez.

did login through airtel (DNS or whatever crap it is) once a day (By chance).but mostly or i shud say always, site doesn't open up.Changed the DNS from automatic to the mentioned one, but to no use, also got errors while opening other sites.so switched back to Automatic DNS.nStill surfin this site, using proxy.