Broadbandforum.co Blocked By Airtel

Cache Size has nothing to do with it.

a cache with just 1 line and your old address, will never refresh until the default TTL in the cache expires.

Looking at this kb article (XP & better only), it appears

• The default TTL for positive responses is 86,400 seconds (1 day).
• The TTL for negative responses is the number of seconds specified in the MaxNegativeCacheTtl registry setting.
• The default TTL for negative responses is 900 seconds (15 minutes).[/b]

So maybe it was not the cache afer all, given default TTL is set to *just* 15mins for a negative response.

More reading on the windows cache here.

even i was unable to access this site for almost a month or so...but it suddenly opened up and started working fine...sushubh did suggest me to change the DNS, but i was able to open the site before that only (without changing my DNS) though i've changed my DNS to Open DNS now...all working fine now at last 😀

I can confirm that Airtel is blocking this site. I had to use DNS servers from http://www.opendns.com (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220), then stop and disable the DNS client from services.msc to access this site..

Edit: Confirmed!

Using OpenDNS:
Code:
Pinging broadbandforum.co [64.38.53.74] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 64.38.53.74: bytes=32 time=354ms TTL=47Reply from 64.38.53.74: bytes=32 time=351ms TTL=47Reply from 64.38.53.74: bytes=32 time=357ms TTL=47Reply from 64.38.53.74: bytes=32 time=354ms TTL=47Ping statistics for 64.38.53.74:    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:    Minimum = 351ms, Maximum = 357ms, Average = 354ms
Using Airtel DNS:
Code:
ping broadbandforum.coPing request could not find host broadbandforum.co. Please check the name and try again.

It worked for me today.. Hasn't been working for past week. Whats been going on?

I can access intermittently,but now a days its worser (now on proxy).I think this site is losing a lot of traffic :mellow:

no isp blocked this site. it is due to site server problem.. u can surf by proxy....

If the isps are blocking this site then it's absolutely illegal and also a crime. I wouldn't be that surprised if this was indeed true coz by blocking the site they can stop the awareness being created by this forum regarding various isps , their pros and cons which i'm sure must be affecting their customer base.Users of Airtel , Exatt (myself) , Tata have already reported problems in accessing the forum. So it has to be one of the two things ;1> There is some problem on the server end2> The isps are blocking this site I strongly suspect that it is the latter.

At last I got to visit this site today!!

I didnt have to use the DNS settings in sushubh's blog.

BUT I CLICKED THE LINK IN HIS BLOG HTTP://BROADBANDFORUM.IN

I Think that did the trick.

I am now quite sure that why I was not able to visit these site all this days is because i was using my bookmark WWW.BROADBANDFORUM.IN - which used to work fine.

So why doesn't the site work with WWW. these days???

QUOTE(noname @ Dec 31 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]72502[/snapback]
At last I got to visit this site today!!

I didnt have to use the DNS settings in sushubh's blog.

BUT I CLICKED THE LINK IN HIS BLOG HTTP://BROADBANDFORUM.IN

I Think that did the trick.

I am now quite sure that why I was not able to visit these site all this days is because i was using my bookmark WWW.BROADBANDFORUM.IN - which used to work fine.

So why doesn't the site work with WWW. these days???[/b]

That joy was short lived.
Less than 1 hour after I made that post https://broadband.forum again stopped working.
But through proxy it did.

An now,6 hours later, It works again via airtel! What the heck. 😱

This is definitely due to DNS issues. Whenever the site is down, i have checked by using the dig (nslookup in windoze) command that the site URL does not resolve to any IP address using my ISP's DNS servers. Sometimes it even fails using OPENDNS. So Sushubh , check about that. Today , my ISP's DNS is down and I am using OPENDNS, and the URL resolved and the site can be seen. 2 days ago , even OpenDNS was not resolving the site ad I could not access it even thru proxy.

whenever u cannot access bbforum, try accessing techwhack.co. both these sites are on the same server. if you can access one of them, the server is fine so are the settings.