Broadband without Landline phone ...

• Thread starter Thread starter adsl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,341

adsl

ISP
MTNL 384K UL :-)
Can I have a MTNL Broadband connection if I give up my landline phone ? With mobile phone charges now at half paise per sec, it does not make sense to have a landline phone, does it ? They charge Rs 250 with 60 free calls if I'm not mistaken.Eg : how would I check my usage without a landline phone no ?Wish the UL plans offered 200 free landline calls like the Combo Plans.

mtnl should think of reducing landline rates as well.

Can I have a MTNL Broadband connection if I give up my landline phone ?...
Nobody in India offers naked DSL. Since the last mile is controlled by incumbents, there is no incentive for them to do so.

well yeah. the only way is to get on a plan that has no charges for the landline and do not use the landline. i do the same with airtel. i do get 100 rupee free calls. but i have not attached any instrument to the line to prevent misuse.

if u know some1 in same area as urs, then get a loyalty scheme plan (on their name). u pay only 100Rs rent and get 50 calls (pulse) free. so overall u can say its rent free phone or 50Rs rent.then u can choose any broadband plan of ur choice.

not really. wimax is capable of providing broadband speeds without landlines.

you tried reliance. wimax as a platform is pretty rock solid. we just need one company that can implement it well.