Broadband Speed Test

fullyaddicted

Regular
Hi,
i am using 32+ kbps package. i was not satisfied with my speed. So i tested my speed. Here is my net speed at day time.
63.44 Kbps or (7.93 KBps)
I think this is good speed over my 32+kbps connection

if you want to test your speed. Use the following link.

Speedtest.net
India Broadband Forum Speed Test

Don' surf the net or download any thing whil you test your speed?

And post the test speed along with the king of package(sify) you have and the time you had tested.

on a 48kbps connection and this is what i get with everything turned off. your network must be really cool to offer you 6-7 KBps during day time.

So here i am the lucky one to get 62bbps over 32+kbps. i guess i am really luck.And one more thing there only less than 10 connection over my CTO. So i am getting this much speed.see this topic posted by me

what are you guys complaining about! 😀 your connection is pretty good compared to what i have. 😕

Yeah true ... which is why I only complain about the bbclient :/BTW, I have seen that in regions where sify doesn't have too many customers, the service is abysmal ... in bigger cities it is fair ... you could consider bsnl or mtnl's unlimited phone usage plan, if possible.

they have the bandwidth. i am pretty sure about that coz they gave us free flow bandwidth for a month in between. now they just turn the taps off it looks like.

This is what I get...BTW, I am based in Bangalore.....
Pretty decent I must say...
View attachment 30
But then I don't go through a CTO. We have an MDU installed in our Apartment complex.

I am told that the CTO model really s*cks. I feel bad that some of you are getting a raw deal.

Sharath

Originally posted by Fred@Oct 22 2004, 10:36 PM
Hmm its lower than promised, but it's better than usual.
[snapback]1090[/snapback]
[/quote]

File Size: 150.005 KB Time Elapsed: 19.628 seconds 61.12 Kbps (7.64 KBps)Bah! its fast for sify, but slow for me!12am on 48 kbps package

File Size: 150.005 KB Time Elapsed: 30.437 seconds 39.44 Kbps (4.93 KBps) this is at 4:18 at night. i am ashamed.

I don't know , but i can't visit any antivirus sites.whenevr try it loopbacks and give me error. 🙁

i got frustrated and sent another mail to the sify representative. got a call within 10 minutes 😛. they say that the problem is genuine and that i am supposed to get speeds between 48 and 64kbps on the 48kbps+ shared pack and he is looking into it.now i am not sure what happened to the 75megs limit. which according to me do not exist. it does not appear anywhere on the website. and well i can download 150 megs of data during the night and still get great speeds before the day ends. either their software is screwed up or i am on a really weird network that behaves in a certain way that only god can understand.

I use a 32 kbps unltd. Rs 615 connection. I got 21.49 kbps. Tested today at 8:22 pm. :lol: 😛