BroadBand Services - PUNE - katraj - bibwewadi area

• Thread starter Thread starter idea
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 25,095
All torrent reated downloading, no need to be awake. There are many softwares available to manage night downloads. I dont remember when i was awake last time till 2, but i download daily. And yeah, you may have to compromise on CC, and tech support. Most of the probs u may have to figure it out urself on this forum. And about erratic bills, play safe and there never wud be any problem.:thumbsup:

Don't they say you gotta reboot your modem to start a new session for unlimited download? If that's true don't you have to wake up at 2 to reboot it? It's always better to have unlimited plans than limited ones...If something goes wrong you'll end up with huge bills!

Don't they say you gotta reboot your modem to start a new session for unlimited download? If that's true don't you have to wake up at 2 to reboot it? It's always better to have unlimited plans than limited ones...If something goes wrong you'll end up with huge bills!

Thanks for info. Even i prefer unlimited plans .. but they also cost a lot !!

Is modem reboot must??

Also which option is better? buying/renting a modem?

I i want to buy,,, which wireless modem-router is good?

Reboot is needed only in PPPOE mode. In bridge mode its not necessary, just dial the connection and which is what exactly free download manager does with custom schedule. I am doing it 2 months now. Works great.

Reboot is needed only in PPPOE mode. In bridge mode its not necessary, just dial the connection and which is what exactly free download manager does with custom schedule. I am doing it 2 months now. Works great.

@ All == Thanks ...

So BSNL is leading ...is airtel is available in katraj area ..(i am not in city yet ...)

My wild guess, airtel is available in katraj. Hope you are not too remote in katraj gaav.

i am near bharti vidyapeeth ...

Alright .. Checked with Airtel .. They do not offer their services EVEN near Bharti Vidyapeeth .. surprisingly .. it is just 4-5 km from their hub at Vega Centre .. !!!😗Been to BSNL ...If i want broad band .. i must enroll for landline 500 installation+180 min pm+ broadband charges as per plan.For TATA .. there is on prepaid plan for 6 months ..300 hrs usage .. NU 9pm to 9 am up to 2mbps. with Zero installation ..need to chk out if they offer wimax ..what say?

I'd suggest combo plan of bsnl(Home 500 C).175 free calls, 1.5 gb monthly limit, night unlmited (2-8 am), 500 rs rental and zero rental for landline. Best if you wud not be using landline much for outgoing. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

I'd suggest combo plan of bsnl(Home 500 C).175 free calls, 1.5 gb monthly limit, night unlmited (2-8 am), 500 rs rental and zero rental for landline. Best if you wud not be using landline much for outgoing. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

As per my todays visit @ BSNL ... minimum rental for telephone is 180+taxes... 500 is installation charges (non refundable) and 500 is security deposit ..did i miss out something ??

r u using BSNL modem? which company ,, can we put it in auto reboot mode at 2 am ???

hope not so many questions !!! thanks 🙂

Minimum rental is 180 if you opt for the landline plan. If yu have asked them about new connection (or if they didn't understand)Ask them the application form for new Broadband connection, and in that form there will be a column asking whether you have an existing telephone conn. mention no, and submit the form filled with all the corect details, they should accept it.And Hurry.. If you book your broadband connection before 31st october, yo will get 20% discount on your rental amount for your first six bills.--> this means if you opt for 500C plan, for the first six months your monthly bill will be Rs 462 only, if donot exceed day bandwidth usage and free callsregarding downloads after 2am.--> i dontknow the procedure to make modem reboot at 2 am--> i use batch files for connection & disconnection and , i scheduled the disconnect batch to run at 2.00 am and scheduled connect batch to run at 2.01 am. so new session starts from 2.01 am.regarding modem..---> many say BSNL's modems are a waste. I've seen person who bought a bsnl supplied modem , it damaged in the 14th month(=> out of warranty), he has to buy a new one.--> I hav been using ZTE ZXDSL modem since an year for ADSL connections. i tried reliance, presently having fun with BSNL--> I advice you to buy some good modem yourself. i donot know what to recomend, wait for some other member's advice.

As per my todays visit @ BSNL ... minimum rental for telephone is 180+taxes... 500 is installation charges (non refundable) and 500 is security deposit ..did i miss out something ??

r u using BSNL modem? which company ,, can we put it in auto reboot mode at 2 am ???

hope not so many questions !!! thanks 🙂

Hey, didn't you enquired for combo plan, which has zero rental for landline. Do enquire in ur next visit. It is called Home 500 C. It will be helpful and confirmation for me too as i need to change to that plan soon.:thumb:

BTW, i didn't buy it from bsnl, i baught the modem myself of D-Link GLB 502 T.(1400/-) If you set it in bridge mode then there are many software which can be used to dial the new connection at 2 so no need to awake. Exactly what i am doing.

@bhargawa,ganesh177

Thanks a lot !! I shall wait for input from other members about modem option now ...

Just wanted o know .. does BSNL charge for Internal wiring and telephone instrument???

does BSNL charge for Internal wiring and telephone instrument???

CLIP instrument is free but you might be asked to pay for internal wiring.

alright ... bsnl it is .. been to BSNL office .... there is twist now .. they are saying that i need to enroll for landline once it is installed .. i will have to enroll for Broad band !! it cant happen simultaneously ?? That means .. i will be some other plan for my telephone .. then i will have to switch to 500C .. wastage of time and money .... @all.. input plz ...Do we have any BSNL service centre near FC/Deep Bangla????

^^ Ya, that's right. First enroll for landline. Choose 'One India' plan. Let them install the landline. After a couple of days, enroll for broadband. That's the way it is. 🙂I have no idea of any CSC near FC.