Broadband @ Rs 500 from Jan 15

• Thread starter Thread starter catchgops
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 12,046
Originally posted by google_singh@Jan 4 2005, 05:00 PM
In india, they tend to advertise more and do less.....same goes for bjp,mtnl and bsnl
[snapback]3980[/snapback]
[/quote]

well after all the big talk they come out with the same old data capped plans. dont see the point of speed if i cant videoconfrence or use it properly.

Here are the MTNL plans.

Plan Speed Hours free data dl chrgs/pm chrgs/pa
DSL 399 256Kbps Unlimited 400 MB Rs. 399/- Rs. 4399/-
DSL 749 256Kbps Unlimited 750 MB Rs. 749/- Rs. 8,200/-
DSL 1199 256Kbps Unlimited 1.25 GB Rs. 1199/- Rs. 12900/-

Additional download @ Rs.1.20/mb
link

The terrif plan comes out.Rs 500 for 1 GB limit.I think I have to stay on my dialup for the rest of my life.

I don't understand what is the use of so called broadband if you cann't transfer unlimited data? For normal surfing a dialup connection with a good ISP of a shared cable connection is sufficient. At 256 kbps speed 1 GB will be finished in 1 day. Then what should you do? Pay Rs. 2/MB for the excess usage?The people living in Air-conditioned room are simply a bunch of jokers who are cutting jokes to us and at the same time showing the world that we have also broadband.I am happy with my dialup on which I ger atleast 8 GB/month and costs me Rs. 1100/month.

http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataoneform.php shows me:
Warning: Too many connections in ../Connections/bsnl.php on line 9

so, they do not have enough bandwidth (or concurrent connections capacity for their corporate website)... how do they plan to satisfy the hunger of the broadband deprived india?

I think 1GB for Rs 500 at 256 kbps being offered by bsnl is far better than 400 MB for Rs 400 being offferd by mtnl at same speed

BS all of it. I'm going to be forced to stay on Sify until we get actually get broadband here.

now the point is what changes would sify make to their 256kbps packages...

Who cares? As long as they have download limits that would be exceeded in less than day there's no point using those.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jan 4 2005, 04:16 PM
BJP said india shining in bigger words... well. everyone knows what they got out of that 😉

it is just f**king alternative for dialup users who check their mails once a day.

broadband to check mail... only in india!
[snapback]3972[/snapback]
[/quote]

Come on dude, please be optimistic, at least for our sake!

If this is true, then I guess I could opt for 1Mbps (that's right, there's a 'M' there, not 'k'!!) for ~3000 bucks and that would be on par with United States' speeds!!

trust me, airtel has given me hope that good net services exist in india. now let us hope they do not revise their packages after watching BSNL and MTNL brought NO COMPETITION with their BROADBAND services.

you know if tomorrow they give you unlimited downloads they will start enforcing no copyright content can be illegally downloaded. so hell u gonna do then.

and how would they do that? riaa mpaa could not do that. sify is dumb, dumber and dumbest. all rolled into one.