Broadband @ Rs 500 from Jan 15

• Thread starter Thread starter catchgops
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 12,040
Huge download speeds are not for illegal downloads. I want Mandrake 10 but that's a total of about 2.2 Gegabytes I don't want to sit here for weeks and weeks trying to download it with this broadband.

it took me 2 weeks to download the first CD of mandrake while working 🙂 that is broadband from sify for you 😛i know people on opera IRC who can download the entire DVD ISO in like 17 minutes 😛

Well i manage to get 40-50 kb sometimes even on slowest acc . But very less opportunities for such 🙁

ithink the installation is Rs 1800.. and you know the worst thing about bsnl broadband.. you have to commit for a minimum period of 12 years or something like that.. so what do you do if their connection s*cks?

lol.. well you know what.. people around here have bi***ed about the sify download limit for such a long time.. i would beg to differ.. yeah i know it s*cks and all but you know what i'd rather have a connection that works after me having exceeded the dl limit albeit at a lower speed.. (i still get 11 - 12 Kbps after i exceed it) than a connection for which i have to pay rs 500 for a gb worth of data(which i would complete in a day) and then after that be billed at rs 2 per mb...the reason i switched to sify was to get faster speeds than my dialup and to save myself from inflated phone bills.. and i get both.. and i can be online the whole night at a decent speed for just 400 bucks.. now don't tell me that in other countries i would get this and that.. i'm tired of all that c**p.. i am comparing sify to all other providers *IN INDIA* and find that it gives me the best deal...

airtel has a great deal. but alas, they don't serve Panchkula yet. anyways my only problem with sify broadband is the word broadband in their brand name. make it sify net and it would work for me!

Well there are countless other problems, like unprofessional customer care reps, or maybe slow speeds most of the day WE ARE AWAKE. haha