• Thread starter Thread starter v1rus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 15,089

v1rus

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I am looking for a new broadband connection in Vaishali GhaziabadPresently I am using MTNL 3G but is giving me trouble since last month and is no longer worth Rs1650 a month.I applied for a BSNL connection one month back but even after several visits to my local telephone exchange it seems no body is bothered about it.I donot want to opt for an Airtel connection as it su*ks (I want to download from torrents at my convenience).Do I have any other good options?

I tried getting spectranet but they dont provide connection here , (i am from vaishali too) using tikona now, speeds are fine but having issues while uploading files i get 5-7kbps upload speed only (talking to CC today), seeding in torrent is fine though. Airtel is a big NO. I too had BSNL 3G 1650 last month, some disconnection issues but it was really good for downloads.

I tried tikona several months back and I am afraid to take its connection.It did work fine when connected but logging on to their network was PITA.

I bookmarked it and saved the pass in browser, no issues 🙂 sometimes it disconnects then have to login back or try thr tikona connect tool.Which BSNL office u visited? try the kaushambi one.

Kaushambi it was.I met JTO several times every time he gave me one excuse or the other and every time promised me a telephone connection in next 2 days after one month I finally gave up the hope.I checked with reliance they have their infrastructure present across the road but apparently my society is not yet covered( I am hearing this for one and a half years now) so I have given up on them as well.I checked with hathway and they donot have their wire in vaishali.I checked Tata Tele website and they charge exorbitant amount for a home internet connection.So i was curious to know do have any smaller players in out area who provide internet connections?

I will suggest you to try again and meet someone else in the office thr and discuss the issue. Right side waala cabin 😉

I bookmarked it and saved the pass in browser, no issues 🙂 sometimes it disconnects then have to login back or try thr tikona connect tool.
Which BSNL office u visited? try the kaushambi one.

It is not about remembering the ip address.

When I had their connections:

1. For a significant part of the I used to face network disruptions and their login page just wont open.
2. Even after several visits their "engineer" failed to login using their dialer via wifi on my laptop (single device)
3. As with most of the service providers, the call centers had no clue about what was going on.

Cant argue on that points LOL , well its going ok for me now, i know that wont be permanent and sometime in future i will face problems too.So far its good.

Lucky for you sid. 🙂Question still remains do we have any small players/ LCO who provide internet connection in Vaishali, Ghaziabad?

You can ask spectranet guys that if they are interested to give connection to your whole society.
Wireless Broadband | Wifi Broadband | Wireless Broadband Services Provider in India - Spectranet Check the right middle side for >

I want Spectranet Wireless
Broadband in my society

Thanks a lot. I have already done that.

If you have a laptop or anyhow check wifi connection , then thr u will see some providers showing thr contact number.

No other service provider except tikona. I checked their website and it seems they have made all their plans pre-paid

I dont know which sector u live in , i think its sector -4 :laugh:.

Nope. it is 5

ok, Well thr plans are not prepaid though. You have to make the initial payment of 1000 rupees to take the connection (500 installation and rest is settled with the plan taken ). Billing cycle is 25th and they will notify through email as well as sms. Thr FUP is better then other big players. MTNL will provide speed upto 28 Mbps through 3G or 4G in 9-12 months (hope NCR too gets lucky) 🙂