MTNL Delhi Broadband not Working for fifteen days - MTNL Officials say DP or Cable problem - recurrent issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Shashank80
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,961

Shashank80

ISP
MTNL Freedom 800
Every other month or so my MTNL Broadband stops working suddenly. The telephone connection also does not work. Even after repeated complaints it takes at least 10-15 days for them to get it rectified.

Presently it is not working again. It was brought to working condition only yesterday in the evening and I got numerous calls from MTNL to just confirm and clear the complaint. I want to mention that I did not get any call to respond to my complaints or whether and when the issue would be resolved in the last fifteen days. However, I requested them to give me one day to see whether it continues to work. And just as I had anticipated, the broadband stopped working suddenly again last night - after only around 4-5 hours - the phone line too went dead. And when I called the GM/DE Office they said "DP mein Problem hai...Kaam chal raha hai...theek ho jayega" and hung up.

So, sometimes it is Cable Fault or DP issue - this has been going on for the last couple of years. Sometimes they tell me about the issue. At other times there is no response for many days. I do not understand - how it can be occurring so frequently and could it not be resolved so that it does not occur so soon?

So, is there some other official or person or forum whom I could report this problem to so that I get a permanent resolution instead of facing this lackadaisical attitude of the MTNL Officials. I would also like to mention thatI generally email or call higher officials too after registering regular complaints a t MTNL Fault Reporting Websites- GM, AM, DE, SDE to make sure that I get a at least a resolution but seldom get quick response or resolution. Any suggestions? Kindly advise.

tweet your issue to @rsprasad, telco minister. it'll definitely gets resolved.

oh sorry. I forgot that cabinet was reshuffled a few months back but do tweet your problem. this govt is very much active on SM.

tweet your issue to @rsprasad, telco minister. it'll definitely gets resolved.

@hey @Shashank80 hey rsprasad is not telecom minister now.Presently @manojsinhabjp is telecom minister and shashank u can complain on pgportal. It would definitely be a permanent fix for your problem.

Thank you both for the advice. I am definitely going to tweet my concerns to @manojsinhabjp and also register my complaint at the pgportal. I am fed up with the MTNL Officials. Even today I called up their numbers and they told me that work is being done to resolve the issue but did not give any definite time frame for the resolution. I also reiterated that this is a recurrent issue but there was no response.

I also got to know the Official MTNL and Delhi MTNL Twitter accounts which are - @MTNLOfficial, @DelhiMTNL and @MTNLDEL. Do you think I should also tag these Twitter accounts when I Tweet the Telecom Minister about my issue?

go ahead and tag each and everyone who are related to MTNL. they've been tormenting you for quite sometimes don't shy away from burning their asses on fire.

@hey @Shashank80 hey rsprasad is not telecom minister now.Presently @manojsinhabjp is telecom minister and shashank u can complain on pgportal. It would definitely be a permanent fix for your problem.
I have no idea why RS Prasad is still hosting events as IT Minister these days.

Government launches free anti-virus for PC, mobile phones - The Economic Times

e32MBM8.png

because RS Prasad is currently minister of Law & Justice and Information Technology but not telecom minister.

With MTNL they have a rule that if the line is dead for 'X' number of days then you get a rebate. Please check their website for the exact number as I cannot remember it now

@socrates
True. Line down surely would have reduction in rental for those number of days as long as a complaint is registered. I have got reduction is rentals for just internet being down for 1-2 days. The number of days are counted as the number of days between the date registered the complaint to the date you get a complaint resolved call "Saar line chalu hua? kuch problem hai?"

With MTNL they have a rule that if the line is dead for 'X' number of days then you get a rebate. Please check their website for the exact number as I cannot remember it now

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely apply for the rebate. However, whom do I write or call to get the rebate in the bill for number of days the Broadband and Phone did not work and what proof can I give them?

And BTW they rectified the problem after submitting the grievance on pgportal after three weeks. There are still line issues due to which the ADSL becomes unstable. But these, I believe, would also hopefully be rectified soon.

However, it is surprising that I did not get any reply on Twitter to my Tweets to @manojsinhabjp, #mtnlseva, @MTNLOfficial @DOT_India and @DelhiMTNL with my issues. I wonder why?

@socrates
True. Line down surely would have reduction in rental for those number of days as long as a complaint is registered. I have got reduction is rentals for just internet being down for 1-2 days. The number of days are counted as the number of days between the date registered the complaint to the date you get a complaint resolved call "Saar line chalu hua? kuch problem hai?"

I have received a bill for MTNL Broadband and landline for all the days of February even for those when there was no service. As you mentioned earlier that I can a reduced bill now - so what do I need to do to avail that reduction in the bill amount. Please guide.