• Thread starter Thread starter cooljack08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 11,613

cooljack08

ISP
BSNL
Hi,

My broadband keeps disconnecting every few mins... no specific time frame but sometimes 2 mins, sometimes 5 etc.

Sometimes there is no disconnection and everything works fine.

I complained but bsnl customer care is probably the worst in its class.
After 2 weeks of complaining they finally fixed it saying there was some noise in the line.

However it has started again just after 7 days. Hope someone can help me out.

Also can anyone give me information on alternate ISP who provides unlimited connections
in guwahati. I am fed up with bsnl.

Modem Info:

Nokia Siemens c2110 adsl

@axelWell at present its getting disconnected randomly.No the link light in the modem is stable after bsnl fixed my complain. Just my laptop is getting disconnected randomly.Don't think my modem adapter is faulty as after they fixed the problem it was working flawlessly atleast for a week.One more thing everytime it gets disconnected and i try to reconnect, sometimes its shows a different error number.....and sometimes it gets connected without any errors.i.e say this times its showing error 678, next time it shows error 691 then again after sometime it will show error 678.The splitter, connections i got it checked by a bsnl lineman. I will change the rj45 cable and check.

1. Does the modem restart ? If yes, check the power adapter of the modem.

2. Replace splitter and check. Make sure all connections come after splitter. Follow this diagram

Bypass the splitter, connect directly to the modem and check.

3. Check the ethernet cable. If you have a spare, use it and make sure that it is not faulty.

4. If possible, use a friend's modem at your place and check. By this way we can be sure that modem is ok.

5. May be some error at exchange, check for a day or two and see if it still exists.

Thanks guys for ur response.@meetdilipno the modem does not reset.the main line is connected to the splitter, and then to the modem and phone from the splitter.will check cable and modem.

Your SNR and Line Attenuation is very good. Is there any kinda disturbance in your line?Try switching to PPPOE instead of bridged mode. Also, try replacing your current modem along with power adapter. I used to face this weird "Error 691/678" problem. It vanished after I changed my modem. The modem given by BSNL was wrongly configured.

@iChaitanyaThere was disturbance in my line ( link light was stable one moment and unstable next moment ) but not anymore. Bsnl fixed that.I will try switching to pppoe. Want to try a friends modem first ( as suggested by dilipmeet ) before replacing it.