Broadband in Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter catchgops
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 17,815
hi, i have a 64kbps connection from my cablewalla, unlimited downloads,i pay 650 per/month ive been using this service for 10 months now. the downloads were unlimited till january after that thanks to bsnl's stupid offer even my isp came under pressure and had to cut down on downloads. these govt organization dont live and let live.

hmmmm.... thilak_p24, am I missing something here? How does BSNL's new plans (better or worse) influence your cablewallah? I am @$$uming here that with the increased competition it would be in the interest of the cableguy to offer you better and/or cheaper packages, and not the opposite..... ?

I had Sify broadband earlier. The service was the worst one could get - Lots of downtime. Most of the problems were actually due to the local cable operator. Recently shifted over to BSNL - so far so good 🙂. I would recommend the same to you. I have taken Home - 500 plan on that(for Rs 500/- one gets 1GB a month at 256 kbps with night 2PM - 8 AM free download). Installation charges that i had to pay were 1248/- (this was the one time fee for buying the modem - this is the cheapest option available if you want to buy). Have'nt tried Airtel as they dont provide service in my area 🙁