broadband deluge in blore?

• Thread starter Thread starter yukon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,057

yukon

ISP
bsnl
For the past week, I've been amazed..first I find out BSNL is coming out with its broadband service. It will be available from Dec 1 in most areas in Blore. Pricing not yet decided but it is expected to be competitive.. bsnl.co.in to d/l the form.Airtel will be coming out with revised plans in feb. Why is this?Reliance has finalised the areas where broadband(Netway) will be rolled out in march. Pricing is competitive. Check relianceinfo.com for the pricing for 512k.My cable internet company has been calling me 2-3 times a day for the past week to ask if I have any problems and checking the connection speed. I think it worried that many of its customers will shift over to some other company. If I have any problem, I make sure I let them know and I'm one of the few residential customers who is on a corp plan.Of course, Sify is still a(or the) joke of this city. And in2cable. These 2 companies will lose customers fast once BSNL comes out because it has connectivity all over Blore.

Let the games begin. I really want a bloodbath so that the customer rules. I hope that all the CTO's get the jitters. I still will not forget my cto once telling me what do you expect for 500 bucks. (It is another story that I gave him 500 bucks of gaali in return) . but I hope he squirms when he realizes that we can snap him off at will !!! Any way so farthe service is better after I compalianed directly to the CEO of Sify !!! I am now having a good connection. I hope it is really because of better service and not because of the rains. Anyway I think the 32 pack is OK for me as I don't really sit all the time online except now (down with Malaria so not going to work !!!) but most of thetime I am interested basically ib surfing a t will and downloading a few updates /chatting which becomes painful when you on dial up.

Be very careful with Reliance. I have their mobile phone. When they gave us the handset thhey said that internet connectivity was free and we have to pay only for the usage time. They later started charging 200 Rs / month without informing us. Now their latest scam 1 Re / minute ie 60 Rs / hour. They are also like Sify just @##$$% !! I think in India instead of brand retention they want to just con customers. I stopped using reliance and switched to Sify broadband and jumped fom the frying pan into the fire !!!!

Has anyone tried hathway in bangalore? How is their service? They are advertising a new Rs. 995 a month unlimited 128 kbps package.