Broadband Coverage in your City/Area

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 13,563
V

Vince

Regular
I believe if we pool our info on which ISP provides Broadband and where they provide it, it'll help many users who want to get a general idea of what ISPs they've got in their area.City/Area:-ISP : CoverageTo the best of my information,Chennai:-BSNL: Almost everywhereVSNL/TataIndicom: 2nd best in coverage, and from what i've heard, not available in the southern suburbs of the city..Airtel: Mainly in Central and South ChennaiSify: Central, South and southern suburbs of ChennaiHathway,Iqara: South ChennaiReliance: Limited to Anna Nagar, Mount Road, T.Nagar and nearby areas..(Central Chennai)

R

Raptor

Regular
Noida:BSNL: EverywhereSify: Available in most sectors.Airtel: Available in some sectors, but quickly expanding network. (still not available in my sector :( )

B

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
City: DelhiArea :paschim ViharLocality -Guru Harkrishan NagarISPs AvailableSifyMTNLAirtelTata IndicomReliance Cables laid 1-1/2 years back....no status as of nowBest Choice MTNL/AirtelWorst Choice Sify/Tata

S

sachin214

city:vaishali(ghaziabad) near noida.ISPS available1.Airtel: almost everywhere ,but capacity already exceeded so relaying UG lines.2.BSNL: On paper everywhre but yet to find its BB users.Although lots of bphone users.3.Sify:everywhere ,but user base shrinking day by day,only abouut a 100 connections left now.4.hotwire:same cable operator as sify,user base very small.5.Tata:Local shop says its available till gateway towers and neighbourhood ,but where are the cables.Best choice-airtel,2nd best-BSNL3rd-Hotwire as ISP is good but cable wallah plays spoil sport.

A

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
ISP
Airtel Broadband - 512 Kbps NU (India) + Comcast 50 Mbps
City: Madurai [Tamil Nadu]Area: P & T ColonyISP's AvailableAirtel: Almost entire city is covered except for some outskirtsBSNL: Most places covered but not all even in city limitsTATA: Lesser than BSNL yet got main places connectedSify: Not everywhere and customers complainingMy Choice: 1.TATA - Unmatched Quality but Expensive1.Aritel - Best Quality for the Money - [First Place shared by Two!] 3. BSNL - Due to unavailability of other services4. Sify - Poor Quality, Poor connectiviy and Poor Customer SupportRegards,Amuthan

D

dgr81

City : MumbaiLocation :Hiranandani Gardens , Powai1) Rajesh Cablenet - Exatt2) Sify3) Iqara4) TataIndicom5) Reliance (Prev . Powesurfer) + Reliance ..adsl via phone6)Triband7)Airtel8)Hathway bhawani9)there was operator called serverlink who use to provie pacenet,net4india ..i am not sure if hes still there ...

M

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
dgr81, Reliance ADSL via phone? Never heard of it? I thought Reliance wasn't into fixed line services? Do you mean the internet that you get through the FWPs?

N

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
Reliance gives Fixed line phones only in city. Most of the subarbs have FWP / FWT connections.

D

dgr81

reliance does have fixed line phones with great schemes like unlimited reliance to reliance in mumbai only for 50 bux ...unlimited reliance landline to any reliance phone (mobile/fwp/fwt/landline ..anything ..) and they do have speeds upto 1000kbps .... but everything is MB wise ....