broadband connection in vile parle (west)

• Thread starter Thread starter bhowmik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,335

bhowmik

ISP
Tata Indicom Prepaid
Hi guys,I've just come back to India and i've still got dial up at home. for the last one month i have been trying to get in touch with the various broadband providers and i can tell you it is very painful. :wall:I have been told by Reliance and Airtel that they do not have feasibility in my area I live in Vile Parle (W) near the station and i am shocked that they do not have feasibility in an area so populated and its not like the outskirts.MTNL on the other hand tell me that there is a 6 month waiting period for any new connection.This state of affairs is apalling and i am so frustrated that i cannot tell you guys. Even companies like Reliance and Airtel have pathetic customer service. To give you an example I was told by the Reliance rep that somebody will be in touch with me within 7 days to inform me about my connection, 12 days later i still had no word from them. I ring them up and they say that there is no feasibility in your area at the moment and "maybe that is why nobody rang you back". Don't the jerks even have the decency to ring me back and tell me what the status is :huh: 😡All of that apart i really need Internet at home which is faster than the MTNL dial up that i am currently using, considering that the dial up has a mind of its own and will not always connect.Can somebody tell me what options do i have for broadband internet connection in my area? i am also ready to consider alternatives such as a decent data card (which does not rip me off) or a cable connection.I would really appreciate if somebody can give me contact numbers or somebody who i can get in touch with for more information.thanks guys

try airtel mobile office or vodafone mobile connect. refer to their websites for details.

Hi amish,Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting Tata Indicom Prepaid.Not that i had a lot of choice since pretty much everybody came back saying that they don't have feasibility in my area.But for those who are interested the Tata sales Rep was very very helpful and came to my place to get the forms filled and promised me that the connection would be active within three days with the cabling and everything that would be needed and surprisingly enough the connection was ready and activated in 3 days flat. The good thing about this is that there is no dialer and it is only a login page that i have to use to log on which works out well for me since i would have had a problem on Mac OS X with custom dialers.The bad thing is that i feel it is a bit expensive as i am paying 1330 + tax a month for 384Kbps Unlimited.Cheers,Bhowmik

Hope it works for you. Most ppl have bad experience after sales.

FYI, MTNL doesn't take 6 months. I booked 3 weeks back, and I'll get my connection this week. Tata is expensive. Airtel is more reasonable than the other ISPs. I was interested in Airtel, but there was a feasiblity issue. Airtel can't dominate if they can't muscle in all areas of Mumbai. I am contented settling with MTNL coz MTNL wil have more to offer in the coming years than other ISPs.

same at Irla alsoi was given pamphlets by the airtela dn reliance guy but still derz no connection seen herewe just have either mtnl or the usual cable wala for net... so sad

anyone from vileparle (w). is ur internet (MTNL triband) working?