Broadband connection configuration

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaichand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,898

Jaichand

Hi!

I am a recent user of the 256kbps broadband from BSNL. My connection is fine at present. But my OS (windows XP pro) is very sluggish recently with lot of bugs. I am also experiencing high internet traffic from the PC even when no applications are running. I believe it to be due to viruses / spyware. I am planning to format the HDD and reinstall the whole thing. Now comes the problem. The gentlemen from BSNL did not give any installation CD. Even the password was not given after installation, and was collected later. Because of their excellent track record of efficient and prompt customer support, I dare not ask the BSNL people to come and reinstall the connection for me. Can any one please tell me how to configure the connection. I have read through the previous posts and http://calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/bb7.html was helpful. But, I have a Huawei smart AX MT880 modem. Do I need a driver or will XP accept it? Where do I get the PPPoE client software / dialer? Thanks for any help in advance.

Jaichand

I dont think there is a need of installation Cd. Windows has a dialer through which you can dial and connect to the network

Yes. The Windows dialer is sufficient for creating a connxn. But if u still want to have a copy of that installation file ( PPPoE ) which ur BSNL serviceman was carrying with him, u can down it from this link(2.7 MB) and preserve it.

Code:
http://www.link-removed.com/?d=25FP3SMA

BSNL gives the CD which they use for installation with a Xerox of the instructions along with it. Ppl using Win XP need not use the PPPOE s/w given along with it and can set it up on their own. But those who want it done more simply or those on Win 98 can use the PPPOE s/w given by BSNL. The same s/w is there on the BSNL site also if the lines man who delivered the Modem dint leave the CD back for you.

Thankyou all. Especially vikikivi. I downloaded the pppoe installation, just connected the modem and ran the software. It works like a dream 🙂 .Jaichand

just be careful of the limit man...don't go overboard and download just too much 😛

u bet, one shud not d/l more than 30 Mb per day on an average. I keep a close watch everyday on the usage at resi and office. Both places I clock 30-35 Mb and soem days reach 40-50 only.