broadband/cable internet in bangalore

ash_g

[OP]
Nov 1, 2005
Hi guysI am planning to take a broadband/cable internet(256/128Kbps unlimited) in Bangalore. Can you guys tell me which is the best offer available for abt 1k/month?Thanks.

krish

Oct 30, 2005
mine is Hathway freeway regular(256kbps unlimited), no downtimes, paying 995+10% tax.How much Airtel ppl charging for installation?

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
If it's available where you live, otherwise you might have to consider Hathway. If that's not there either, you are left with Sify (gulp) or BSNL.i paid 2 x Rs.333 spread out over a cpl of months for installation. A far cry from the Rs.4000 (non-refundable) the local cable wallah charged me cpl yrs back.

ash_g

[OP]
Nov 1, 2005
Thanks guysI will call the airtel broadband customer care and ask whether it is available in my area . If so, i'll go for it. Otherwise I'll check other options like Hathway/BSNL.Cheers.

thecoolone

Regular
Regulars
Jul 26, 2005
hey ash !! i wud suggest hathway rather than airtel simply coz hathway doesnt charge u modem rentals at all !! and even the registration is jus trs 500 and not like 333x3 times as it is in airtel !!

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
Airtel doesnt charge that much. They have changed their cost structure.

ash_g

[OP]
Nov 1, 2005
The Airtel guys just called me up & said that their service is not available in my area. I think that I should contact Hathway now. Any suggestions?Thanks.