• Thread starter Thread starter pupudada
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,163

pupudada

Regulars
ISP
Alliance
a small bit of sunshine.. an article which appeared in today's (20th july) `telegraph' (kolkata edition, page 15) states that the government is planning to launch a rs.10 per hour broadband package (the speed has not been mentioned but it will be 256kbps or more). what are your opinions about the same? this could well set `bsnl' and the rest to think about their current pricings. even this along with a unlimited package of rs.375 (by vsnl) could be combined to give us both unlimited monthly broadband surfing and 100 hours of unlimited broadband (for data transfer) at rs.1375 (taxes are always applicable).. mini-cheers... pupudada!one can also opt for just 30 hours or 20 hours or whatever of broadband as per their requirements!!

10 bucks an hour... it sounds like a cybercafe. but still a good deal none the less. 5 hours a day means 1500 bucks of unlimited bandwidth.

susubh u never get 256kbps speeds at cybercafes 😀 the entire bandwidth is spread amongst all their pc's... still seems to be the start of a new trend.. try to get hold of a copy of the telegraph and read the entire article.. quite a long one with references of the visit of mr maran later to kolkata... let's see Pupudada!

try some of the better reliance webworlds. u would be amazed at the speeds u get there. 🙂 i have seen speeds upwards of 150KBps. 🙂

u can download way more than that on a 256/512 connection per hour 🙂

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 20 2005, 10:52 AM
try some of the better reliance webworlds. u would be amazed at the speeds u get there. 🙂 i have seen speeds upwards of 150KBps. 🙂
[snapback]17247[/snapback]
[/quote]

do they allow you to burn the data you've d/loaded on cd's? what are the rates.. i have one near my residence.. will check out once you confirm my above queries.. cheers.. pupudada!

btw: firefox 1.0.5 has a big flaw.. recommend to upgrade to 1.0.6 immediately

Govt mulls broadband bait to jack up PC sales ALOKANANDA GHOSH Calcutta, July 19: Use the broadband carrot to drive computer sales; that’s the government mantra these days. The Rs-10-per-hour broadband package will work out cheaper for PC owners. The only other available broadband packages, 24-hour connections from BSNL and MTNL, cost Rs 500 per month. However, on an average, people surf the net for about an hour each day or 10 hours every week. At Rs 10 per hour, the monthly package could work out to just Rs 300. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/hr is more like dial up..yes dial up doesnt have a speed of 256 kbps but still per hour billing is still absurd according to me

Hour based billing is better than volume based billing. If bsnl will introduce it, I am going to take the minimum hourly pack to taste the broadband. Otherwise I'm happy with my unlimited dialup.

Its a stupid idea to pay on a hourly basis, because a person who is browsing a page will read through it slowly, would like it to be always on to notify him of an e-mail message, I think, it will do no good to the ordinary internet user. It will only help tel companies to make a huge profit.:angry: :angry: :angry: