Broad band disconnects when phone rings

ameet_sharma

I am using broad band with modem SmartAX MT 841. I am using it as a Router.

The problem is this when the phone rings and if I take the receiver up, the internet disconnects. Can anyone tell is this a technical problem or the software.

No one in the BSNL reply me satisfactorily.

Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is definitely a problem with your phone line (Incoming) setup.Cal the exchange.Theres is little ou can do abt it.The Reason:-The modem needs a very stable current in the line to work,this may be disrupted due to joints,cuts,cross overs,or EMF and stuff.

i know this is not the case, but there's no harm in checking...is the reciever wire getting tangled (with other wires, may be the router wire) when u're picking it??is the instrument moving when u answer the phone, may be the router wire is going under it??again, i know this is not the case, but there's no harm in just checking it 🙂

Main line coming in to ur house should go into the Line In slot on the splitter provided. The DSL and phone wires should originate from the DSL/Phone slots. Any extensions should also originate after the splitter and not from the main line. Also get ur line checked for noise if ur wiring is correct.

my friend too had the same prob , it was due to his line noise ..ask ur exchange ppl to send some educated ppl to correct ur problem

Known problem for me too........it is advisery not to have || phone connnection......make your phone connection from the splitter......where the line splits ..........

Hi I also had the same problem my phone & internat cable split from splitter form BSNL they changed the splitter box it is ok Siva

I also facing the same problem. If everyone has the same problem then there may be some fault in the bsnl side.