Broad Band connection disconnecting and reconnecting every now and then.

• Thread starter Thread starter bandurao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 7,690
@/dhanjal/
Your modem UT300R2U
Open in IE 192.168.1.1/ Select DSL settings.
Select ONLY GDMT and enable bitswap.
Recheck snr/attn line speed etc.
Presume the modem page will look like this. ( same like Beetel 220BX)
http://i19.tinypic.com/6kqygzt.jpg
In a thread when two or more users have posted problems,
better to summarise your problem again.
Did you try opendns 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 ?
Also post the Device status page. Do you use a dialer ?

I have the same problem. Line gets disconnected after some time. SNR value is too low around 6-7, line attenuation is very high around 45-50. My tel was in another room, so after getting BB to bring the line to my computer room I joined the wire with another wire. May this be the problem? I told exchange several times to change the wire but nothing happens.

@essbeebee, One trend I notice for the past one week in my connections was that, the connectivity is very unstable till 5:00 PM and is normal/fast there after till the morning !!! Do you/others see this kind of trend in other cities/areas as well ?

Hello Guys,

I am still having the disconnection and reconnection problem.
Cab anyone tell me if below settings are correct or are there any unwanted settings ?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2565/62273708ew3.gif

Also below is my speed test:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5580/25838539nc4.gif

Also can anyone tell me how to REJECT the requests on unwanted ports of router:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9687/32927718ba9.gif

Also Below is the Diagnostics of the Router, there are two test as FAIL, Dont know what are they and how to fix it.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9089/10470321rd7.gif
Please help me to fix this disconnecting and reconnecting of the internet
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Hey your settings are correct, they match the setting on my router as well. so it could be a problem with the line itself, ask them to change the cabling from pole

But there are two tests shown as failed, what are they and why are they failing. Is that affecting the connection ?:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

SNR ---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal-to-noise_ratiothis is the problem with u r pole where u r connection is there.....call the JTO and ask him to sit for an hour show him the problem ....that makes simple mate........don;t call the call center they just say it was fine ........

/member/bandurao/
1.Open your modem. status/statistics/adsl give snr attn line speed figures.
2. Uncheck in DSL settings all mod and keep only GDMT and try.
Mine for example:
Mode: ADSL2+
Line Coding: Trellis
On Status: No Defect Link
Power State: L0
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 31.7 18.7
Attenuation (dB): 12.0 19.4
Output Power (dBm): -14.4 1.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 26824 1399
Rate (Kbps): 2063 519

/member/bandurao/
1.Open your modem. status/statistics/adsl give snr attn line speed figures.
2. Uncheck in DSL settings all mod and keep only GDMT and try.

Here is what you requested:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4885/70579100ye4.gif

Hello Guys,

I have a problem about the broad band connection.
My internet connection is of 2MB speed but it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every now and then. I am a web designer and my FTP software gets disconnected due to this. Due to this I cant upload heavy files as the connection will disconnect in few mins and again get reconnected.

I have called the BSNL office, they checked the phone line and also at their back end and they say everything is working fine.

I have also set the splitter which was not there before as the modem had direct phone line. I have read somewhere that splitter separates phone signal and internet signal. So I added splitter which did not helped atall.
Also the phone on that line is not used atall nor even the phone instrument is connected to line.

The line goes to splitter and from there to Modem.

I am in a big problem :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Dear Bandurao:

I too have faced a similar problem recently in Lucknow, U.P. due to heavy rains and windy days. BSNL guys at the Exchange level including the SDO are not tech savvy as far as broadband is concerned.
First, check the joints of your telephone line at the tel pole and anywhere else before the direct telephone line enters your splitter. If they are black in colour, that means there are carbon deposits. If they are black cut of the joints are refix them.
Second, examine the crimps. If you see anything black in there put in a new crimped cable.
Third, examine your splitter. Anything black in there? Maybe rain water has entered the splitter via the crimp cable - drop after drop. Change the splitter. Since BSNL does not sell splitters do not ask for one as they may give you a bad one. Buy an AirTel's Beetel ADSL Splitter. It costs just around Rs. 50. Mind you, it must be an ADSL Splitter.
Fourth, the splitter must not be further than 1-2 meters from your modem.
Finally, the line to your telephone instrument must emanate from the splitter. The other end must be connected to a BSNL/MTNL approved telephone instrument. AND, the telephone must be in working condition as this is ADSL2 connection and not DSL.

BSNL/MTNL will not give you an ADSL Broadband connection without you first booking and installing a telephone connection even if it is only incoming calls.

After the above, if you are still having problems then it maybe time to replace the telephone line or/and the modem provided by BSNL/MTNL. The modems have a life of 4 years. Do not go for another BSNL provided modem. Try Siemens. Do check the AC Adaptor of your modem and also that it is snuggly fitted to your UPS.

Thanks for the reply gspal, Today I had called the sub divisional engineer to my place to show how my internet applications get disconnected every now and then. Then I told him to change the whole cables from the pole but he said cables will affect only when there are joints in it. My connection is done on one piece so wiring is not at all a problem. Then also he cutoff the wires and reconnected them on the pole and told me to monitor the internet for one day. He said if it does not helps then we would be checking the internet connection from their main office where ports for internet are allocated on your phone lines. He also said that from there they can fire commands which tells them about the 8 parameters (technical language) of particular internet connection on which they come to know where is the problem. Now I have kept my finger crossed but I will posting here all the things I encounter so that if any of you have same problem you can contact your BSNL office and directly point out the things that they should check at thier end. :thumb: