Brining booze from Goa. Recommended?

dextermorgan

I got banned!
ISP
Beam Fiber
I remember my friends bringing booze from goa when we went on roadtrip couple of years back. But at that time, we had our own car and cops didn't stop at checkpoint.

But now a friend is backpacking there and I asked him to bring a couple of bottles of old monk. will there be any problems when bring liquor bottles in train?

I remember there was some permit which had to be taking to take booze out of goa. I called up a wine shop and they said they'll issue it in shop itself so that not a big deal. anything else?

anyone?

Consuming I believe was recently made illegal... carrying... no idea...

Err... I thought you were asking about bringing in train - I remembered reading consuming in train is illegal....or something to the effect has been made illegal..

Yeah. I'm talking about trains. I thought you're talking about consumption on beaches. They made consumption illegal on beaches few years ago

Drinking banned on Goa’s beaches - Times of India

But consumption happens on beaches anyways 🙂

Consumption on trains is definitely illegal but that won't happen in my case. Friend will be travelling on train with bottles in his backpack. Some travellers said that even though you have permit, they(railway police) seize the bottles and fine you anyways

All depends on luck.
If boys only then can be frisked if family(atleast one female member) then completely safe.