Bridging a Modem/Router with a Modem/Router

• Thread starter Thread starter Forumshk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,597
ISP
BSNL
Hello friends!
hi iam using bsnl broadband and i bought Asus dsl n10e(modem router) which i installed in the third floor i can access intenet wirelessly from the third floor without any problem but i cannot access the wifi from the second floor as the signal strength is so weak . i also got the bsnl vmc modem router which is lying in the corner and collecting dust .so i thought of may be i can use this bsnl vmc wifi modem router as a brdige modem. i will be keeping the second modem (bsnl vmc ) in the second floor.can somebody plz shed a light on how to set it up . kindly guide me how to configure it .My setup ISP-----splitter---asus router(which is in the 3 floor)---Rj 45 wire connects to Lan port of asusrouter and connects to the lan port of bsnl vmc(modem router) which is in the 2 floor.
ISP----Splitter---Asus modem Router(3rdfloor)----Bsnl Vmc modem router(2nd floor)# i know there are some configuration i need to do on both the router page , plz guide friends .

Similar requirement; interested in bridging a Belkin wifi modem router and a Linksys wifi router for extending the range/ signal strength. Broadband is BSNL.