bridged mode in linux fedora

• Thread starter Thread starter dock_tom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,621

dock_tom

ISP
mtnl
Can any one help how I can create dialer in fedora 8 with wifi, since when I tried to create dialer it only shows my ethernet card but not wifi. The laptop detects wifi signal successfully but I want to to use bridged mode with wifi.

does F8 detect wifi card?if yes, then may be u can create ADSL connection with ur ethernet card first and then edit it and select wifi card from hardware device or manually edit ifcfg-mtnl (example) file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory and change the ETH parameter to ur wifi device.

does F8 detect wifi card?

if yes, then may be u can create ADSL connection with ur ethernet card first and then edit it and select wifi card from hardware device or manually edit ifcfg-mtnl (example) file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory and change the ETH parameter to ur wifi device.

yes feodra 8 detects wifi card but problem is that there is no option of selecting wifi card from hardware device, it only shows my ethernet card. I think I have to try it manually. Thanks for your response.

@dock_tommy suggestion is that you use pppoe mode with linux (port forwarding is not that hard)

did manual change work? let us know, how u did things!