Bridge mode + Wireless on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter wasiazmi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,033
Members I am just not able to access the Linksys router page as well as the D-Link one after typing 192.168.1.1,any idea how to go about it :huh:

change ur linksys router default gateway on the router setting page to 192.168.2.1.. it should help.. let me know~!

Shenoy i got it working using 192.168.0.1 .

sorry i dint make my self clear any way to auto restart the modem or router at 8 am in the morning
thanks 4 the tutorial
If you have a Linksys WRT54G or any of the others in that series with the stock firmware, AFAIK there isn't a way to do it since you can't telnet or SSH into the router. My setup has the MTNL router (502T) in bridge mode while the wireless router (Linksys WRT54G v2.0) is in pppoe mode with DD-WRT firmware. This allows me to telnet into the router and disconnect-connect the WAN using a python script. I highly recommend installing this firmware to anyone with a Linksys router (it supports other brands/models as well). There are many other useful features such as setting up VLANs and monitoring data usage.

Alternatively, you can also set the router to reboot as a cron task. This may actually be a better option since it protects against the possibility of the script not running if the computer hangs or crashes.

Would it involve creating a wan miniport?If yes, then of course there are a few ways to make it reboot at a certain time. THanks a lot. I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Shall surely give it a shot,

No, it doesn't. The process is identical to the first post in the thread except that with custom firmware you add more functionality to the router.