Bridge mode + Wireless on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter wasiazmi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,029

wasiazmi

ISP
MTNL
I am successful in connecting my wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) to the ADSL one with bridge connection

Procedure

1. Follow krish 88's turorial to Shift to Bridged Mode on D-Link DSL-502T (you'll find it in sticky posts) with LAN cable from your ADSL modem connected directly to your computers Ethernet port.

up to

5. After having followed the above 3rd and 4th step. Go to Tool tab--> System and click on Save and reboot

----------
2. Now disconnect the cable from Ethernet port of your computer and connect one end of the LAN cable to the Ethernet port of your computer and the other end to any of the ports numbered 1 to 4

3. Switch on the router and open your web browser and type 192.168.1.1(default) and other if you have changed

4. Enter the basic setup
Internet Connection Type’ is by default ‘Automatic configuration DHCP’
Change it to PPPoE

5. Enter your mtnl username and password and Service name as mtnl

6. Go down the page and save settings and close the browser

7. Connect the LAN cable from the ADSL modem to the internet port of the linksys router

8. Go to the linksys setup again...Go to status and click on connect
it will take some time in obtaining ip from your ADSL router

restart your computer

Enjoy ! :cool2:

ref:-krish 88's turorial to Shift to Bridged Mode on D-Link DSL-502T
socrates experience :How to configure Linksys WRT54G wireless

good job , posting this 🙂

yeah the desktop is connected through bridge mode and the laptop (if ethernet) connect directly on any available port of router and ethernet port of laptopit connects directly...no pppoe settings requiredor a laptop can be connected through wirelessthankyou superprash2003

hey guys i've edited the post...actually there is no need of creating a new pppoe connection in the system...thanks...

@Yogi. Are you free from all april probz? if then how did you solve them apart from bridged mode.

Yeah Krish after shifting to bridge mode everything was working fine till Tue afternoon after that had no connection for a whole day.As of now it is working fine(fingers crossed) 🙂

thankyou yogi for considering it as an important post...i made that tutorial after putting lot of brainsthanks againhave a good time🙂