Bridge mode question

ISP
Triband 849NU
I have been using the bridge mode for the past week or so and it has been working like a charm. But here's an issue I faced today.While downloading my ADSL connection dropped and probably came back on in a few minutes. I had to disconnect and re-establish my bridge to resume downloading/surfing.Is there any workaround for this?

Use a download manager like FDM DAP etc. So even if the connection is lost the download will resume. You need not start afresh.

look at his sig :madness::madness:😡😡😡😡😡:madness::madness:.... that would serve more than 27 people in 2Mbps plan India..... 🙂 or 200 of those in 256...

Use a download manager like FDM DAP etc. So even if the connection is lost the download will resume. You need not start afresh.

Let me explain, it's not about resuming downloads. It was about resuming a connection in the bridge mode, if the ADSL carrier goes down. I did some research and I could not find a solution.

I guess it's back to PPPoE for now.

if you're using the win xp dialer, there's an option using which you can "Redial if line is dropped" and if you set the redial attempts to an enormously high value, it will automatically reconnect once the carrier is back up.

Something like this-

in the connection properties

I hope that's what you're asking

I was looking for a workaround if the DSL carrier drops in the bridge mode (The ADSL light stops blinking). PPPoE will reconnect in such a situation but not a bridge mode.Will keep searching. Thanks for all your help.

The modem link will come back automaticaly and you can use "redial if line dropped" setting in the dailer properties to reconnect the dailer.

no u neednt go back to the pppoe mode..i had this same query 2 months ago..found n excellent software for redialling automatically,even had a timer..
check this out:
nToolz.com

hope this helped!!