Bridge Mode On Vista

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
Guys, I'm trying to connect to the internet on bridge mode in Vista, but i'm unable to do so. The dialer would dial the connection, verify the user id and password, but won't register the computer on the network. It's stuck there and my net doesn't work. Even in the beta version, it was the same, but once it reached the stage "registering your computer on the network" i was able to browse, but the connection won't go to the system tray like in XP. So I am having to use PPPoE mode, and you all know how many limitations are there in that. 🙁Can anyone help???TIA.

same problem with me with vista rtm build 6000!!! i can browse n dl alright but the connection gets stuck @ registering on the network. :huh: possible cause: vista being completely redisgned maybe underwent some change in the logon proecudure which mtnl servers dont recognize???? 🙄

i can't even browse at that point...if i'm able to, i'd be happy with that, as i can just close that window which says registering blah blah...

i am using the rtm erlease with bridge mods without any problems.

even i'm using the same, but home premium...unable to install ultimate 🙁

no prob with mtnl servers, PAP authentication is a standard, wich should be implemented by MS/Vista . They are not implementing the standard properly it seems, thats why the problem.

I have been using vista. there is no problems for me too.But it does take more time to register to the network than in XP.

Disable IPv6 protocols in TCP/IP settings, in LAN connection dont put any DNS server address, under dial up connection in TCP/IP settings in IPv4 protocol put either of ur ISP's dns or opendns208.67.222.222208.67.220.220 P.S- Right now I m on bridged mode on windows vista ultimate x64 sp1

anyone having problems with torrents? funny thing is when i switch to bridge mode utorrent says that port is not opened. but in pppoe mode its works fine.firewall and all other settings are correct.