• Thread starter Thread starter nishantt6969
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 9,557

nishantt6969

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber (300Mbps)
Router : RPi-4B (OpenWrt), TP-Link A6 (AP)
I created a new WAN profile in Huawei router whose route was “bridge router” and then connected my Tenda router through LAN Cable (Lan port of huawei to WAN port of Tenda) after that connected Tenda through pppoe and entered my airtel broadband credientials, it got connected.

Is this the bridge mode? Like true bridge mode? When I enter my huawei router IP in browser, nothing opens, but tenda one through 192.168.0.1 opens.

Is there anything else also suggested? And please let me know the benefits of this bridgemode over normal lan to wan connection.

Thank you.

There are few things which I have observed as well :

1. After detaching LAN cable from Tenda router and putting it back, the IP changes.
2. Huawei Router Login Page is not accessible even when I am putting LAN cable from huawei ont to directly my Laptop(and connecting through pppoe, that's the only option left).

@Sushubh What I have done is called bridge mode?

Later my Tenda router was showing that wan port is connected to another router, but now it is showing that it is directly connected through internet. No clue of Huawei in the route.

well... what i do know about airtel is that you cannot set up bridge mode at your end. you have to get it enabled on your router by airtel and then it works.

People are commenting bridge mode on Huawei one can be done manually.

i might have missed those posts. i really have no clue tbh. i have never run airtel in bridge mode. i have it mainly for landline and for use as backup.

You need to attach screenshots of both the devices . Then I may be able to help you
The main WAN config has to be posted