MTNL Delhi *BREAKING_NEWS* Deal between MTNL & 3rd Parties Like Radius for FTTH

ISP
MTNL
Went to Sec- 6, Dwarka(Delhi) exchange today. Had a 20 min chat with the Area Manager, Rajesh.
Actual motive was to make him send a mail to backend to change my profile to 8Mbps from 2Mbps

Anyway, Good News:
Mtnl will be launching FTTH by this week or max., by next.
Wait! Wait! Wait!

Yes, you will be thinking ; Has this guy gone nuts? FTTH is already there for months!! Maybe even a few years!

Please bear with my 'techincal knowledge' ignorance. Here are the approximate details (Take everything with a pinch of salt as all the details were verbal) :

1.The Fibre optic cable (FTTH)laid everywhere by Radius company and probably a few other companies is being used by MTNL.
2. Rs. 1000~1100 will be charged for installation. No installation charge, if plan taken for 3 months.
3. All the installation/maintenance etc. will be done by these 3rd parties.
4. Only billing to be done by MTNL to maintain transparency etc. No hard copy billing to be done. Bills to be sent on email.
5. Current FTTH plan changes done for this scheme.
6. Advertisement of this plan to be done soon. MTNL will install temporary canopies also.
7. The 3rd party will put their own FTTH modem-router. But, to get wifi, you need your own modem.
8. The maintenance services to be done from 8 AM - 10 PM. Matter to be solved/attended to within 2 hours of the complaint.
9. A list of socities/areas will be published where these 3rd parties already have fibre lines.
10. For example : My society just got NEXTRA, which works on Radius fibre lines. So, that means that I will get it.
11. MTNL will share ~30% of the profit with them.
12. There will be introductory lucrative offers initially. Grab them, if you want to.
13. I did not ask if all this stuff was only for Delhi, or even just Dwarka for that matter.

P.S : I think that these new FTTH plans are what they are going to offer:
MTNL Delhi - Customer SelfCare Portal : Online Book Landline, Broadband and other services
I am interested in FTH-1800. I sincerely hope that the '2 Mbps' after FUP limit will actually be 2 Mbps and not the normal 2 Mbps that we experience from these guys.

P.P.S : Another interesting fact is that it has internally been ordered that 65% of the landline and 70% of the broadband complaints have to be solved daily, which has obviously not been achieved. The CMD called the area manager on his phone and thrashed him.

Last edited:
So the same mtnl who was not ready to share last mile copper infrastructure is ready to use other providers fiber network.
Still given an option between nextra and mtnl I am definitely gonna opt for nextra any day.
If 1mbps post fup speed still attracts you, better get out of Mtnls shadow.
No one has time to visit mtnl shitty exchanges.

Mind you, This 1 Mbps would be on Fibre optic and not copper. Phew. I hope Mtnl has better offers than Nextra

whatever latency you would get on fiber would be lost by shitty backend routing of mtnl.
can't think of any other advantage for enjoying 1mbps fiber than 1mbps adsl

Like I said, Everything (including backend operations and routing to be handled by 3rd party, Radius in my case)
Mtnl is there just for the billing.

so even data traffic will go via radius international gateway?
Imo you better check again.
not talking about ftth backend.

The area manager told me that they are ONLY responsible for billing. Period. Everything else will be handled by radius.
God knows what does 'everything' mean.

Just checked. It is 2 Mpbs actually. Anyway, I will obviously write a review here!
So, let's wait and watch.

qot29ig.webp

Last edited by a moderator: