Box - Box Drive Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 6,723
Why Box is Giving iOS Users Massive Amounts of Free Cloud Storage | The Box Blog
Questions about Our #Box50GB Promotion? Get Answers Here. | The Box Blog
iPad and iPhone Users Get 50 GB FREE. Get Your #Box50GB Now! | The Box Blog

As evidenced by the overwhelming crowds during past iPhone and iPad launches, it’s clear that our lives revolve around mobile. That’s why we’re happy to announce that we’re giving away 50 GB of free storage to anyone who uses a Box Personal account on an iOS device. That’s right, it’s 50 GB in the cloud completely free, forever. Your 50 GB of storage isn’t just limited to your mobile device – you get it anywhere you use your Box account, like on your laptop at home or your desktop at the office.
This promotion only runs for 50 days, so get your free space in the cloud by following these steps:

[*]Visit the app store and download the Box app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
[*]Log in to your account or register for a new one directly from the app
[*]Start sharing and collaborating in the cloud
[*](optional but recommended) Tell the world how you’ll use your 50 GB with the hashtag #Box50GB
[/list]

The offer is till December 2.

Once you have got 50gb storage, that would obviously be available for all devices including windows,android etc. So you just need access to an iOS device.

----------

Works!

Even HP touchpad users have this 50gb offer, but sadly 100mb file size limit which makes no sense.

1. why do you think of filling it to the full anyways? 2. 100MB limit is good to restrict it for piracy reasons. 3. you can store personal media. songs, photos, documents... enough storage to last you a couple of years at least. of course. music.google.com is pretty cool for songs. i am using it exclusively on my android phone right now.

they are offering the 50GB space for LG phone too .. thats great ...but in there app no option to multiple update .. 🙁

The 50GB limit is awesome. I had my doubts when they were giving it only for Touchpad users, but now with expansion to Android, in the worst case, they will be bought over by someone - may be Google as they love data

Considering Google is so close to launching Google Drive... I do not see that happening. Box has a profitable business model from what I know. Them and Dropbox have no plans to sell out. Dropbox founders were invited to a meeting by Steve Jobs himself. And he offered them a deal worth around USD 600 million (rumored number) and they refused. Jobs was blunt in the meeting. Told them that Dropbox was not a service but a feature that they would launch in the future. And they launched iCloud as a result. 🙂 Delay in the launch of Google Drive is going to hurt them bad. Microsoft is deeply integration Skydrive with Windows 8. With desktop sync apps scheduled to release for both Windows and Mac along with 25GB free storage... They have a major advantage right now. One of the best planned features of Skydrive is the ability to access any file on your system remotely as long as your computer is on and the Skydrive desktop app is running! That would be freaking awesome.