Bombshell Bill Correction

• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,524

nocaps

ISP
Triband 949UL
PS: I have made this a seperate thread for the sake of clarity but if the mods think otherwise this might be merged with other 'bombshell bill' threads.

i am shit scared of this myself... i have overshot it myself till i started using a direct dial out ...ive got around 8260 mb odd usage.. am wondering what i am going to end up with ...

hey nocaps can ye use a bigger font next timen as far my billin is proper except of the june mont there i got 1500 ka usage charge (that too that month i din't had dsl nu i had dsl 399)

Logout between 0801 - 0830 ~ 3627MB
Logout between 0831 - 0900 ~ 487MB
Logout after 0901 ~ 1142MB[/b]

whatever u've been billed for is for these above timings...means, whatever u downloaded after 0800...but as per ur statment, u've not downloaded anything after 0800...so as per my knowledge u shouldn't be billed anything extra, if i'm getting everything right what u're trying to say...isn't it???

@ coolbuddy. Its not really download done after 0800...its logout done after 0800. The list is about downloads started after 0020hrs (fresh session), download ACTUALLY stopped at 0745 (becasue of computer shutdown), but session 'logged out' only later. The time slots I mentioned in the list means that ometimes the modem was rebooted at 0805 hrs, sometimes at 0830 or 0900 and so on. They all extend from free usage period through to paid usage period.

I feel for u bro. I got a bill of Rs. 8000 odd even though the MTNL site showed i still had 100 MB of my limit unused. And i've gone through hell trying to get it rectified. Over a 100 calls (idiots kept giving me phone no. saying this was not in their jurisdiction. Sent abt 10 odd faxes giving all kinds of details. I made some headway, as i had started to get those threatning disconnection messages on my phone....and i rang up the GM n i think they've cancelled that particular bill, but still they say i used around 200 MB extra, no idea how...but not gonna argue any further....had enough....all said n done i've still to receive the rectified bill for the month of June....So here are the facts...1) Calling their helpline (haha) 1504 won't get you anywhere.2) They will try to pass the buck n u'll end up with a phone directory of numbers of all sorts of officials.3) If and when they do rectify ur bill (gonna take a lot of doing) they might give u some arbitrary figure like in my case. If they rollback the whole amount, thank the lord...but wtever amount they do give u...no point arguing n asking for explanations or proof.. coz since u've overshot the 8 am slot, they hold the cards since u din follow instructions...how ridiculous that maybe.....4) Take my advice, visit the exchnage or wherever they tell u if u want it done quick...if u rely on them taking care of it just by lodging a complaint...u'll be in for a rude shock.5) As to why this happ n whether it's gonna be the same story next month too...all my investigation led me to this...there was some server error which resulted in loss of usage details of certain users, resulting in the billing going haywire. Remember the message on their usage site saying details for the month of june available, upgradation process underway...that's what led to this crap. 6) I know ur thinkin y shud we suffer coz of their blatant incompetence. but i think we ppl knew wt we were getting into when we took the connections in the first place. So just take a copy of ur bill alongwith the application to the place and get it done there n then.Cheers n play it cool.... 😀

yeah right!!!and in ur case nocaps, u should not get anything extra in ur bill if u're sure that u didn't download anything after 0800 hrs as per the MTNL server timings...in other words, the bill should be of just Rs. 670/-...even i got a bill of 7k for the month of June...after going around from one exchange to another, finally in the Janakpuri exchange, they said i've been billed for the whole year 😱...damn!!! what the heck!!! i've never opted for that...nor does the plan have any annual option...anyhow, they said it's the annual fees and they made 3 installments out of it...each installment to be paid on 30th of each month starting July 05...i paid the first installment of 2000 bucks...but haven't paid the second installment...i don't plan to either...will go the exchange when i get time soon and will update u guys on this again... 🙂btw, if anyone has the no. of the GM can u put it here???

All the big guns are listed at http://mtnldelhi.in/glance/organization.htm
Infact, in the past emails to area GM and partiularly GM (VAS & Broadband), Mr. M.C.Chaube, has produced really magical results for me! If everything falls apart I'll again try contacting them again!

As it is, I wasted a day from college to get a complaint received by the accounts officer by hand....and they told me someone will call back....morons.I was hoping for something faster (yeah Im an optimist allright hehehe).

Edit: Btw, I think it would be a good idea to put the above link in a locked sticky thread.

haha. i remember talkin to Mr. Chaube too. Din do much for me except give me assurances but was decent enough to listen atleast. Heck i don't care if and when they send me the bill, as long as i'm connected, hehe. No more running around from my side. Maybe, those lazy bums might even forget abt it, not counting against that happening... 😛

Btw, I think it would be a good idea to put the above link in a locked sticky thread.[/b]

done...