Boing Boing is still blocked on Reliance Broadband (blames 'government rules')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
rG6X9Q3.png

Can users on other ISPs report if they can access the website?

Edward Snowden performs radical surgery on a phone to make it "go black"

Working on MTNL. Have to use HTTPS version on RCOM, HTTP won't load.

https version does not work for me! i mean it does not seem to have https support?

7D1bUhb.png

I was working on a RTI to DoT regarding the block and noticed that boingboing.net now works on Reliance. Probably still blocked on their DNS. But damn.

@Sushubh The website is still blocked on a Private ISP, the block page shows it has been blocked by "Reliance Communications" (my ISP might be using Reliance's services or the page might be blocked at the international gateway).
zN5USUZ.png

Do you also see the block?

I dumped Reliance a while ago. I do not miss the days when I was stuck on Rcom Broadband. Random blocks and random disconnections... I actually bought a Pi to continuously login to their portal so that I do not get disconnected on my PC/Phone.

It is not blocked on Excitel which is my current ISP.

I am not using Reliance directly a different ISP. Could it be they are using Reliance as their provider? If yes, can't my ISP set their own block rules?

smaller isps do not tend to do anything at their end. because their source pipes already block websites as per government rules. airtel is another company which ends up causing similar issues. they have their own personal blocklist which has nothing to do with the directions of the courts. so if you are visiting a website on a non-airtel isp but it uses cloudflare, you might see the block message from airtel because the content is still passing through airtel's own servers which are blocking that website. you would notice this happen on newer torrent/file-sharing sites that switch to cloudflare.

personally, i would suggest allocating 200 rupees per month to a VPN to access all the blocked content and also preferably download torrents and other kind of stuff through it. if possible, completely browse the internet over the vpn.

Status
Not open for further replies.