• Thread starter Thread starter oldtimer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,905

oldtimer

Geriatrix
ISP
bsnl 256kbps home 250 plan
when the bots post their messages on the forum, will their logins also get registered in the board statistics?

a bot cannot register on this forum as it requires a captcha to be read and entered and also e-mail authentication.. The bots are not smart enough to do all that yet. People normally use bots for posting on blogs with no captcha thing installed for spamming. So not sure what you are on about...

QUOTE(Desisensation @ Mar 11 2007, 03:02 AM) [snapback]82934[/snapback]
a bot cannot register on this forum as it requires a captcha to be read and entered and also e-mail authentication.. The bots are not smart enough to do all that yet.
People normally use bots for posting on blogs with no captcha thing installed for spamming.

So not sure what you are on about...[/b]

IMHO, in this forum

1. no_login=no_post;
2. no_registration=no_login;

But the fact remains, i have myself reported spam earlier.. so if the spam does trickle in occasionally, someone or something must be breaking the captcha and email verification!!
Beg pardon if i sound too naive!! :blink:

from board statistics:

Our members have made a total of 80,186 posts
We have 8,907 registered members
The newest member is yqomahyj
Most users ever online was 349 on Feb 27 2007, 10:51 PM

from profile for yqomahyj:

Other Information
Net Connection Type: anuvemok[/b]

PS. I guess this answers my own question. However, please let me make this very clear.. This is not to glorify the miscreants, nor show the admin in poor light... but rather just curious to know and understand what is going on ...