Blur in video while watching football (sample image attached)

• Thread starter Thread starter Green80
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 7,854

Green80

ISP
--
Hi all,

I have taken Tata Sky HD recently. While watching football I have noticed a blur in the video whenever camera moves. ( Please check the attached image ) It is getting really disturbing sometimes. I want to know if this is a common issue or there is something wrong with my tv tuner card or something else ?

Thank you !

what res is the signal set to 720p or 1080i?also see that your tuner doesn't change the resolution.many try to upscale the image

Is it possible to change the signal to 720p in STB ? I'm taking DTH for the first time, pardon my ignorance...my tv tuner card don't have an option to set the resolution.

Is it possible to change the signal to 720p in STB ? I'm taking DTH for the first time, pardon my ignorance...my tv tuner card don't have an option to set the resolution.

there should be if they offer both

it could also be that your TV must be doing it,shk the TV options?

A LCD having a response time of anything greater than 12ms will cause a lag.. what LCD do you use exactly? check its response time(must be in the manual).

Im using Dell sp2208wfp, which got pretty good response time. I don't get any lag while playing games.

Im using Dell sp2208wfp, which got pretty good response time. I don't get any lag while playing games.

have you ever used you connection with a TV,if you have a separate TV

then try on it and see if you get the blur on it

Hi !
You said that you watch TS DTH HD "through" your TV tuner card "on your" desktop monitor right?

Now since you have used so many devices it may possible that any one of them is conflicting somewhere with some other...I assume that you know enough about comparing specification of devices - so here are 3 url's you can lookup on your own and check out which specs are not matching up:-
Dell SP2208WFP specs and LCD Monitor specifications - CNET Reviews
Google
1080i - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

common ones I would compare are - aspect ratio, frame rate, monitor refresh rate, etc.

1.If you really want to enjoy HD video I would advise you to get a proper "Full HD" TV from a reputed brand and stop watching it on your desktop monitor !
2.If you still wish to continue watching on your monitor then try removing your TV tuner card and/or fiddling around with other settings of your devices.
3.Or it must be the fault of the TS HD service (signal reception) ITSELF ! and you were worried for nothing !

Holler if I was helpful...... 🙂

1.If you really want to enjoy HD video I would advise you to get a proper "Full HD" TV from a reputed brand and stop watching it on your desktop monitor !

there should be no problem with that

also there is no need to get a full HD screen as no company provides 1080p TV signal

Hi all,

I have taken Tata Sky HD recently. While watching football I have noticed a blur in the video whenever camera moves. ( Please check the attached image ) It is getting really disturbing sometimes. I want to know if this is a common issue or there is something wrong with my tv tuner card or something else ?

Check your lcd settings for option caled truemovie something like it depends on response time ,response time 2ms is good otherwise ghost shadow will form as in your image

Thank you !

blur is natural in any interlaced format ( 1080i) , thats the reason progressive format is best for sports channel, change the output format to 720p in STB and see if u got any improvement during fast camera movement

Thank you all for the replies...I am using an HDMI cable between STB and TV tuner card. I don't have a TV to test this on. Only other display adapter I'm using is my graphics card. I don't see any reason for conflict between the cards.How do I change the output format of Tata Sky STB from 1080p to 720p ?Thank you !

Thank you all for the replies...

I am using an HDMI cable between STB and TV tuner card. I don't have a TV to test this on. Only other display adapter I'm using is my graphics card. I don't see any reason for conflict between the cards.

How do I change the output format of Tata Sky STB from 1080p to 720p ?

Thank you !

THERE IS NO 1080P

1080i is most probably you are getting this problem.so you got to chnage it to 720p.try searching for option in you stb

otherwise tweak your TV tuner and display settings

I talked to Tata Sky customer care and I have been told they provide only 1080i, no support for 720p. My TV tuner card also don't give an option to down sampling to 720p.