Bluetooth connection now supported in jio set top box

• Thread starter Thread starter dream_chaser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 12,994
ISP
Jio
Good news,
Today I found that Jio set top box has started supporting Bluetooth devices.
Following is the steps to connect a Bluetooth device in Jio set top box:
Go to Remote and accessories under the settings and select search Bluetooth device to connect to a Bluetooth device.

It does not detect any bluetooth device.

I have tried many times but the speaker just does not show up in the list. Will try again today.

Edit: Tried it again. Still not working.

Last edited:
I have come to realize that the STB's on which this Bluetooth option is working have a remote software version as A.0.2.A.1.803.26517
(@bobby_kes and @dream_chaser can you please confirm this? You can check the version by going to Settings -> Remote and accessories)

My remote software version is A.0.1.A.0.16.327 for which it does not detect the Bluetooth devices.

Last edited:
Yes that is because we have the old Set top box remote. I had contacted the customer care a couple of months back who replied that we need to pay Rs.600 for getting the new remote which has the Bluetooth functionality (this is totally stupid). They are unnecessarily asking us to pay for something which we should anyways be getting. Since its not our fault that they gave us the older remotes. I also told them that they should then upgrade the software on the older remotes to support the Bluetooth functionality. The person said that is not possible to do.
I did not pursue further. Maybe you can contact them and raise a complaint about this.

Cancel and take new connection.
No one replace old devices for every one, when they release new ones.

Finally. Found it. And now I'm connected to my Sony headphones. Took like 7-8 tries. At first it doesn't shows the device but keep the device near the box and try multiple times.
Also my version was A.0.3

@ap99 and @Akash8008 found a work around to pair Bluetooth Headphones for remote version A.0.1.A.0.16.327.

Enable the Jio Remote via Mobile app (JioHome) via Bluetooth. Once you have Jio Remote setup on Mobile. Remove the batteries from the actual remote control and reboot the Jio STB, now it won't be able to fetch the remote software version. After reboot ensure you keep the batteries out of original remote control and only use the JioHome app (Bluetooth remote control). Using the remote via app, navigate to Remote and Accessories, now it would be able to detect your headphones which are in pairing mode. As STB is unable to fetch the software version of remote control (due to batteries being out).

Once the Headphones are paired, you can put back the batteries in Remote control and use it. Everything should work normally even after multiple power cycles, along with auto paring of the Headphones (which you already paired using above method)

Last edited:
Enable the Jio Remote via Mobile app (JioHome) via Bluetooth. Once you have Jio Remote setup on Mobile. Remove the batteries from the actual remote control and reboot the Jio STB, now it won't be able to fetch the remote software version. After reboot ensure you keep the batteries out of original remote control and only use the JioHome app (Bluetooth remote control). Using the remote via app, navigate to Remote and Accessories, now it would be able to detect your headphones which are in pairing mode. As STB is unable to fetch the software version of remote control (due to batteries being out).

Worked perfectly! Thanks!