blue screen error-windows 7

• Thread starter Thread starter crosswire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,977

crosswire

ISP
BSNL broadband
I have a dual boot os setup. And i get this error only in windows 7 and not windows xp. So i am guessing its not a hardware problem.
I re-installed my video drivers but no help. This is the error description i get after windows restarts. Please help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF800030F98C1
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\110211-34117-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-38797-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

update windows to SP1?

um i had this problem once. Turns out it was being caused by virus which wasn't being picked up by the ESET AV! boot up in safe mode and scan with a decent anti virus (spy bot -search and destroy, malware bytes anti malware , kaspersky etc)

Are you using Microsoft Security Essentials ? Free download for window7 users..For almost 18 months , I don't have any other AV application in use.

I am facing this BSOD from past week.I see this error after every 3 successful boots.I am bit lazy to root the problem right now 🙁

i got the blue screen error..amazingly while i had run a scan using an anti-spyware...every time i used quick scan...i got this error before it could complete...and i couldn't use a spyware in safe mode(don't know why :X).Don't know about u guys but try checking for spyware..and use an anti spyware..i used SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition..as the one i used before this was giving me the error...this has sorted the problem out..at least for the time being....and also deleted the spyware of course...

SuperAntispyware is a program that will pick up even the smallest cookie in your system and scare the shit out of a noob 😀