Block Sify Group Site Pages on Login

• Thread starter Thread starter gspal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,763

gspal

ISP
BSNL 500Combo 256kbps-2mbps-1.5GB Usage
While using Sify BB, its group site pages keep opening on their own using precious RAM memory and annoying you. For how to block these websites:

Lets assume that you want to block Home - ABC.com and Def.com - MP3 Resources and Information. This website is for sale!. In order to achieve this:

§ Open the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.
§ Look for the file HOSTS.
§ Open the file HOSTS in your favorite Text Editor ( mine is Textpad)
§ Under the line “127.0.0.1 localhost” add another line as “127.0.0.2 Home - ABC.com
§ Similarly to block Def.com - MP3 Resources and Information. This website is for sale! add another line as “127.0.0.3 Def.com - MP3 Resources and Information. This website is for sale! “.
§ Both the sites are now blocked. In case if you want to add more in your blocked websites list, just edit the list and add more.

So now you know what you gotta be doing with those annoying banner sites 😢

The above is extracted from:
http://technofriends.in/2007/08/19/block-websites-of-your-choice-without-any-software/

Cool Thanks bhai ...Another way ....Use super sify as your login client :thumbsup:

Sorry folks of my earlier post of how to block irritating websites of Sify that open on their own. The suggestion that I had given earlier really did not work with me. I have Windows XP2 plus IE 6.

What i have done is removed access on iexplore.exe so that it doesn't execute itself automatically on call of BBimpsec... that way no popup of sify broadband..:hysterical:And i use firefox.😛

Sorry folks of my earlier post of how to block irritating websites of Sify that open on their own. The suggestion that I had given earlier really did not work with me. I have Windows XP2 plus IE 6.
😢SP2 sucks. If you have decent anti-spyware & autoupdating antivirus programs along with an enabled SP1 firewall, you just don't need the crappy SP2 update which messes up your system thoroughly.