block limewire

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,277

mayank1200

ISP
airtel
i m connected via beetel 220bx modem via a switch so are other 3 ppl...they use limewire and the speed gets shared ....and i cant open a single page....is there any way to block lime wire from the router side?

"3 other people" ??? man, sounds like the reason why ISPs are afraid of providing affordable high-speed UL plans (as posted on VT forum), coz people will share/resell it and abuse the system. jai hind!

@jason look in the modem for "parental control" and add the limewire site address./port. timing etc. Are you the Administrator for the group ?You can block the port/s in the modem.I have the same modem and will check up.Same thing told in the modem's web page. Each computer will have a name like, jason, helen, priam, trojan etc get the Mac address. To test ,try yours first for a short period !!!

wt shud i add in "username" and how do i know the mac address of the computer i want to block?can u give more details?

I have not seen the modem pages. In your computer Start Run type cmd type ipconfig/allSee whether you get the details of the computers connected in the network.see previous post updated wrongly.

Each computer will have a name like, jason, helen, priam, trojan etc
get the Mac address.
To test ,try yours first for a short period !!!

it wil completely block the internet on that particular computer.i just want to block limewire.
is there any application blocker on the router page?

uninstall limewire on their computers and give them just guest permissions.

Add a fake limewire dns entries in their c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc 😀 limewire.com 127.0.0.1You will also have to add entry for other limewire servers .

@jason I never tried it and there was no need also !!
Everybody wants to open port/s but yours is just opposite.
2. As suggested here by others (
I think you can block the limewire web site/s
in the Browser IE/ Tools/Internet Options also. in each computer.

Power's suggestion:
How can I block a web site from being viewed?

@jason If you have access to the "220BX ADSL2+modem" connect to USB Port your computer, only. See any improvement . BTW what is the tariff plan and speed ?

how/why are you giving access to unknown people on a network, whos PCs you cant access, to your modem??? i cant figure it out... are you flatmates sharing a single connection? how many users? or is it a measly 128kbps connection shared throughout an entire building/colony??? 🙂if the modem is yours/under your control, simply unplug it from the "network" and directly plug it in to your PC only... the other users will suffer downtime while you are browsing...