Blackout of channels by MSO

• Thread starter Thread starter puns009
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 8,904

puns009

ISP
bsnl ut300r2u
Viewers in bangalore are facing black out of channels by MSO effective today for those who have not submitted CAF to LCO.
Hoping that channels would be restored by evening as per the update given to me by LCO.

Isit mandatory to replace STB or the lock will be opened by MSO so we can continue with OLD STB ?

As per TRAI, channels should be switched off to those subscribers who have not submitted caf forms. Channels will not be restored till the time caf is submitted and updated on mso backend.

Puns009 and Gopi Bhai. U both use hathway, same STB, so not receiving channels mean is any message coming on the screen ???
Puns009 why is there a need to replace STB ???. I mean Hathway STB will work with existing software and smart card

yes i am not getting.informed LCO..he informed it would be restored by evening for all who have given CAF.Apparently i am not sure whether Cisco STB without Card would continue working or not.Should wait n watch.

Puns009 for Cisco STB that do not have card, they have a unique MAC or EMAC address that differentiates one STB from the other along with the STB no.
Well when u bought the STB u must have filed the form, the form has the MAC, STB no and barcode on it. So the stb will work.
But then I am not sure what hathway is upto ???

Yeah i have ..it starts with MT followed by some number.From the moment my operator has switched to hathway,problem seems to happen occur more now.Fed up of hathway channel list and overall.They just keep flicking channels often.

Well Puns009 national MSO like Hathway, DEN, In Digital will restructure their digital channel list throughout India as to make it same everywhere. That means same common LCN No in all places. That's the reason may be ur Channel no must be changing.

Puns009 and Gopi Bhai it seems all are getting Fashion One instead of FTV India, Ps check and tell me. Even here FDI (Hathway) is providing Fashion One inplace of FTV India. Before I was getting both FTV India and FTV Asia, now I am getting Fashion One and FTV both.

Well same here Gopi bhai. Well is BBC Entertainment and BBC Cbebies still available to you. As I am still getting BBC Entertainment.