• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,411

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
Another question not much info i was able to get on local stores of vodaphone, RIM and airtel and thought this is the best place to ask. I am Badly in need to a blackberry, infact the push mail thing.Iam so confused with pricing and which way to go. What are your experiences with Blackberry on Airtel, vodaphone, reliance. a client of mine who uses airtel one says his mails are delayed 10-12 minutes since one month, does this happens always or is just airtel problem ? Which handset to go with, i need mails and ability to use SSH if possible.

Aren't there many devices now (including Nokia S60 devices) that do the whole push-email thing? I am quite sure that my Nokia E51 has connectivity to that whole Blackberry thing. (Though to be quite honest I have no clue how to use it nor will I ever need to).Check out the Nokia E71.

Any recent S60 phone will do Push email if your company is using MS Exchange for emails.And emails WILL get delayed by 10 - 15 mins if your company uses BES server owned by Airtel/Reliance/Hutch.Regardign device, most newer Nokia phones have blackberry connect that does Push email.Just keep in mind that, other then Bleckberry most other phones will not encrypt email while storing. So if you lose your phone, anyone can read you emails.

I currently have N6681 and N70(Music) both are S60 but doesn'y support push e-mail.N73 is the cheapest handset to install the push mail software "Good"I don't run MS Exchange, then how do i set it up to fect mails instantly !!!!!!!!😢

I don't run MS Exchange, then how do i set it up to fect mails instantly !!!!!!!!

Which email server do you use? ActiveSync connectors are available for quite a few of non-MS servers.

If email notification in 5 mins "instant" for you?

I run EXIM, but don't have any ActiveSync configured. 5mins delay could be a problem, Let me check if there's any player who could offer instant e-mails.

Isn't EXIM just an MTA? (Could be wrong here)

Which server do you use for POP / IMAP ? (Cyrus /Courier / ???)

EXIM with courier, my mistake, i took it as you would understand the entire scenario.

Airtel Confirms the Delay in Mails.

Thank you for writing to Airtel.
We regret the delay in responding to your email.
This is with reference to your email dated 8/14/2008 regarding polling time for mails .
We would be glad to assist you in this regard. However, We would like to inform you that the maximum polling time from server end is 15 minutes.

God can anybody let me see my mails Instantly, I am ready to pay some subscription fee if its reasonable amount.

Is the Courier on Public internet? Is it secured ( SSL ) ??

I've a dedicated server at softlayer, I have a SSL cert. on my domain, if needed i can use one for the hostname too, thats not much of an issue for me.

Iam impressed by Your help(netfreak), keep posting. :thumbsup: