Blackberry cuts its mobile price - too little too late...?

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,232
blackberry is impley trying to make profit via dumping these things in India. I know for fact that u dont pay a jack in US for curve and NOBODY buys them, so its like clear the stock in US, who can we sell it to hey why not go to India and sell it people there thinks BB is cool and all ( where as it is just the boring phone EVER)

blackberry are damn expensive in india. the cheapest decent phone costs more than Rs. 15000. and then you pay a minimum monthly price to get blackberry services. and you might find some features on your phone disabled because blackberry does not allow it on your package.

Except for those who want to showoff or business users (including some companies who allow blackberry services to be claimed as expenses by employees), there are very few others who would want to own a blackberry.

now a days these phone are really selling well with the college going students and and many other who don't know the actual use of the same .. mean there services .. they go for it as it looks good but the maintenance cost of them is really big .. like the monthly plan and even hardware repair .. u can't find person repairing the same easily and they charge too high for them ...

I use BB 8520 and find it a good value for money. For Rs 299 per month fixed cost on prepaid, I get unlimited email. Even when I am traveling, I can keep a close eye on 5 mail boxes in real time and it is more secure than using a wifi connection in a client's office to check my email. Can't imagine any other way of doing it.

but in this plan your surfing get counted .. i guess now its high time for bb need to come with some better plans ...no9w all operator come up with around 99 rs plan with 2-3 gb free gprs plan where u get browsing+messaging ... and about email .. i don't think it dosent matter much if we get it instantly or one hour late .. about security bb created some platform for govt to monitor this messages and emails .. only corporate message is exception ...

they continue to push old models because these are the only ones that can compete against the android on pricing. blackberry cannot compete against android on features. my wife uses a blackberry. i like the corporate features. but for me, it is a pathetic device to own and use.

The point is - I hardly remember them pushing their other older models when the Curve was at 15k, and not much of pushing on curve when it launched, It was the Bold or the Storm Series which were the visible ones in the ad. It is like they have suddenly woken up & realize they also have this model which they can sell. Also, I have used Blackberry 7100 (not Blackberry services) refurbished from US for 2 years (cost around 4-5k), It used to be slow - but it had some feel good factor in using it (not the brand), but the usage itself & hence I would not mind using the blackberry, if it is priced low & ofcourse if it usable as a normal phone comfortably without the BB services (i.e using normal GPRS)... Again , simply dont get the BB services priced at 399 vs 599... I personally would not mind paying near 199 for some basic usage ... even 1 GB would do....

blackberry is best product for corporate .. where email are very important and with such plans you get messages instantly .. this is best for those who travel alot and bb help them in touch with offices through officesabout the handset part they are with superior quality and battery backup is also good ...about plans the details shown there are same .. may be they having some call offering for postpaid users ..

well if ujust want emails then any andoiord phone can be configured over pop and SMTP. and I sm ureif not there must be an app for that as well. besides I also dont know what with preapid plans and postpaid plans, In general I think people get looted in postpaid. My family was paying rent of 199 for just "Services" + the usage. I find it hard to belive that for rent money we get zilch here.

There are lots many things to do in blackberry rather than other fancy phones. According to u guys even I-Phones wud be scrap for u, bt the users of Blackberry know how important it is. Altough Nokia latest phones too have pull mail facility but regarding the mail drafting and viewing , no one can compare blackberry whether its Android or wtever.....

blackberry is great for corporate users. but they have been targeting regular customers with their newer devices and this is where they are not going to succeed. business users have totally different requirements. android is catering to the consumer segment and they are doing well because of better devices and tons of apps.