Initial review I hear are - not the best from marvel but overall a decent watch.

ding ding ding. but not on Hotstar.

PS. do not end up getting Black Widows. Which is a TV show from Zee. I am betting it is going to be trending today.

Someone uploaded an adult movie with the same name right before this was supposed to appear. Milega kuch ni but still why not? lol

So I almost slept through it. Dunno why but it wasn't that good as a solo outing for an Avenger. Post credit scene makes sense for those who've seen The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Scarlett Johansson, star of the latest Marvel movie “Black Widow,” filed a lawsuit Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Disney, alleging her contract was breached when the media giant released the film on its Disney+ streaming service at the same time as its theatrical debut.

Ms. Johansson said in the suit that her agreement with Disney’s Marvel Entertainment guaranteed an exclusive theatrical release, and her salary was based in large part on the box-office performance of the film.

“Disney intentionally induced Marvel’s breach of the agreement, without justification, in order to prevent Ms. Johansson from realizing the full benefit of her bargain with Marvel,” the suit said.

i was wondering why she would do that and then i saw the bit about her salary based on revenue generated from the movie. i mean still... crazy.

She is also the executive producer so, she probably stands to lose millions. Some are saying she should have sued sooner and gotten an injunction. But I guess she was tired of her solo movie being pushed around and being stuck. WB should make the smart move and pick her up.

well she is out of the mcm i imagine except for maybe random flashbacks and stuff. annoying disney is probably going to limit her options in future i guess.

Disney is a dick, as usual.

Scarlett's case has strong merit if you ask me. It looks as if she is suing for releasing the movie in a hybrid format from the headlines. She has multiple issues:

1. Disney didn't get her approval for the D+ release
2. Disney released the movie while the theatre market hasn't yet recovered. It was poor timing to release, according to her.
3. Disney makes a lot more money on subscriptions, the numbers of which are hidden, and stars don't get any revenue off of it - WB Paid over a billion dollars to the cast/team for all their 2021 HBOMax releases. Why can't she?

Denzel Washington got paid a $20 million bonus for Little Things HBOMax release, a much smaller movie than Black Widow. So Disney paying her $20 million is nothing.

Disney's argument here is that they are giving her a cut of the premiere access money. But she is not going after that. She is going after how her movie drove up the subscriptions.

Disney has a big issue. If it settles, then other stars will come after them. The whole streaming model is built upon the model where they don't need to pay anyone because they don't share numbers. If Disney loses, then the whole streaming model will go on fire. Soon makers of Loki, Falcon, and WandaVision will line up outside their offices asking for more revenue. Other streaming companies will face the same problem.

This is the same thing as the billionaires added to their fortunes during the pandemic while people got poorer. Similarly, the streaming companies are sitting on a goldmine during the pandemic while the salary of talent has gone down considerably.

Disney is so evil that it hasn't paid a cent to the team behind their Animated movies when they make the live adaptations and again nothing when the majority of Disney+ is famous for the same animated content.

Incidentally, Netflix and Amazon are being sued by the UK govt to release their audience numbers for some of their shows.

The movie lacked a solid story. A little disappointing considering the other Marvel movies. Watching it in a theatre would have been a bit more entertaining I guess.