Black Out Day

Abhishek

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 20, 2005
Cross posted on vt: http://www.vinuthomas.com/Forums/viewtopic...5482.html#45482

I just confirmed; today is a black out day from 8 pm to 8.10 pm. Kindly switch off your lights; TV et al. Nothing.

The black day is being held in protest of the reservations issue. Please spread the word. Your cooperation is solicited.

The fire is spreading slowly; since the Government isnt doing anything, it makes sense that we tell them about people's power.

Cooperate for the blackout!

We can do it together.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
and how does a blackout affect the government? streetlights would still be on... its not like the entire nation would go dark...people need to come up with better ideas.

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
Yep even I feel Idea is not great......but we have tried everything.......from hunger strike, hospital strike,college strike,candle light vigil, marches,rallies,protests but nothing has moved Govt.I request all to Switch off Lights b/w 8 and 8:20 PM today

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
Who will suffer.....the Pvt cos only....here patients are suffering but Govt is not listening.....still it would be a nice gesture and nothing more.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
private companies have done nothing from what i have seen. just a few statements in the media. its the students who are protesting... i am more thinking about sending a message, a day off might result in less taxes for the government. it is more like passing a strong message to the government from people who actually matter... doctors on strike? that is against the law as they disrupt essential services... it goes against the constitutions.

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
its not unconstitutional to fight for equality, is it? Who would've thought that these modern garbage politicians would make such a big issue out of something meant for the good for the people. Dr.Ambedkar should've thought about it before he forged these things into our constitution! :(

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
atleast they are inspiring the young people to vote in the next elections.if the youth of today votes, the minority vote might soon become irrelevant coz their votes becomes majority of the votes during the election times. :)

Lokesh

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
why aren't engineers doing anything for this cause(against reservations)? :angry: won't they be affected by this quota system? :angry: or r they busy training hard and shaping their own future? :angry: (wat about their kids :p )