Bittorrent Query

ISP
MTNL Triband
I had recently shifted to 590NU(though not recently; 1.5 months back).......I am using Bit torrent to download movies....but one thing i am not able to understand is "ports".....and what are those can anyone explain........(searched the forum but couldn't find any satisfactory posts......***Rajesh***(And I heard that MTNL is offering 2 MBPS.....but i am not yet receiving that speed....people here are mostly talking about MTNL Delhi.....is there someone from Mumbai)

If you are getting satisfactory speeds, I mean maximum 28-29 from torrrents then no need to fiddle around with ports. Use a good torrent client like Azureus or utorrent (my fav.), they handle this port thing very well to ensure good speeds.

(And I heard that MTNL is offering 2 MBPS.....but i am not yet receiving that speed....people here are mostly talking about MTNL Delhi.....is there someone from Mumbai)[/b]

Well 2mbps speed upgrades are not for 590NU as per the ads by MTNL. But still many people on NU, mostly from Mumbai are getting these speeds. Well, wait a bit buddy, you might also get the speeds. 😉

BTW, Love your signature. 😛