Bitmeter OS: Monitor bandwidth consumption on your computer!

• Thread starter Thread starter demigod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 19,987
ISP
Airtel
Hi Guys

I came across this software recently Bitmeter OS. its still in Beta but works great.you can monitor your speed.see history of your speed and also summary.Most of all you can query usage in day basis and group by hours,days,months and year.It runs as a service so you no need to start it manually before surfing.Doesn't take much resource tested in mac/windows.very useful since Fair Usage Policy is introduced we are forced to monitor our usage :icry:

Demo & Download

demigod

ooh looks nice. and open source...

right. i have installed it and watching the web based interface is rather fun.

data collection is cool. i can see my usage using several parameters.

it would be fun to see the reports after a month or so.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

since install i have done

Today 47.27 MB DOWN 44.32 MB UP

looks scary!

Need something for ubuntu. I hate the fact that I am not able to track my usage.

haha. i thought fedora folks are smart enough to compile shit. most noobies like me stick with ubuntu. 😀

can't you just open it and install it manually? i have little idea. maybe amish would chip in with some details.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

my usge stats from yesterday.
14 Jun 2010
420.72 MB
143.51 MB

cool. i am yet to run it for a complete day with a lot of work done online.

hehe. i can safely say that 100GB FUP has never been applied on my connection. and since i am still contemplating switching to their newer packages... i should be safe for now.

Most linux come with software called MRTG. You can install it. For speed graphs. Ofcourse u need to set it up one time. But shud not be tough.And abt recording the usage, I have just put this line in my /etc/ppp/ip-down.localecho `date`,$ENV{'BYTES_SENT'},$ENV{'BYTES_RCV'} >> /var/log/bwuse.csvwhich will create a CSV file1st column - time, 2nd and 3rd upload/download in that sessionu can open it in oocalc/excel and do whateverofcourse it may not be as good looking as that software but is sufficient.PS: havent tested that software, as i wudnt trust it as of now.