Bitcasa Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 9,885
Dropbox offer 100GB for 10 dollars per monthSkydrive offer 100GB for 50 dollars per year 😛 Google Drive offer 200GB for 10 dollars per monthso i guess you are right. they are not going to get the casual end of the market. but they can still make it a profitable enough venture with current pricing. 😛

With regards to unique data, what is stopping me from creating a 1TB ghost file/partition image of my entire hdd and then uploading it. Duplication is not going to work in that case.

Backblaze is running a profitable business providing backup service for 5 dollar per month again with unlimited storage. The only difference is Backblaze backup data that is on your computer. Bitcasa and others doesn't require you to keep the same data offline.

finally out of beta.

pricing...

10 dollars per month
99 dollars per year

right now yearly package is available for 69 dollar per year
if you were a beta tester, it is available for 49 dollar per year (BETATHANKS is the coupon code. Might work for everyone)

Last edited:
righto. i applied for one year access. they gave me a link to share that gives you one month free access. apparently i do not get anything. so it is not an affiliate link. my.bitcasa.com/invited/e8c2a80d525a4b609e8f6b1448ec0e46

I am probably going to discontinue my 80GB paid plan on Google Apps. I can live with 5GB free there. Plus I would probably get 100GB for 2 years through the Chromebook purchase. Would enable it when required. Bitcasa is turning out to be a pretty solid product.

Here is a good example of good user experience. Dropbox would not upload if you are running low on battery. Bitcasa on the other hand behaves like a douche.