Billing problems in Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter Wannabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,716

Wannabe

I have some problems with billing and have sent the following mail to the MTNL helpdesk, let's see if there is any response. (doubtful.)

If you guys remember, I had problems with them putting me into the wrong plan too. (that was way back.) Haven't made any posts since, but have been reading quite frequently.

I had not been using the GH's cause I really did not think there was any need, since nighttime was enough for me to download stuff, and I did not even use that all the time. But looks like I will have to start now, if they keep on billing me for night usage too.

Anyways, here's the e-mail I sent:

To: helpdesk.mumbai@mtnl.net.in
cc: billing.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in
Sub: TriBand Billing Anomalies Phone No. 2******* A/C No. 00********

Dear Sir,

I am a user of the TriBand ADSL broadband service provided by MTNL. My particulars are as following:
Name: xxxxxxxx
Tri-Band TelephoneNo. : 2xxxxxxx
Tri-Band A/C No.: 00xxxxxxxx
Tri-Band Plan: DSL 590 NU
Exchange: xxxxxxxx

As the plan I have opted for is 590 NU or 'Night Unlimited' , I should not be charged for the night usage, however, on checking my session history, I found a number of errors as follows:

1. There have been repeated entries for the exact same time period, (sometimes with the exact same download and upload figures). This occurs regularly, with sometimes upto 6 repeat entries. (Marked by Black boxes in attached image file.) I have marked just the more prominent ones.

2. There are cases where the time period even though being totally in the night time (12 to 8am), MB's have been counted. (Marked by Blue box in attached image file.)

3. And can you please clarify as to how is it possible to download about 100 to 300 MB's in less than 2 minutes? (Red boxes in attached image file.) These are clearly MB's downloaded during the night period, as you will notice that the time period shown is always just after 8am.

What is the point of taking this 'NU' scheme, if I can't download at night without worrying that I might be billed for it?

Please note that I know that I have to reboot the router during the starting and ending (12am and 8am) of unlimited period and have been doing so.

I urge you to kindly look into the matter as early as possible.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely,
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachment: Screenshot of session history
cc: billing.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in

imagelink😛art1: http://static.flickr.com/52/120452743_f5ecdd1347_b.jpg
Part2: http://static.flickr.com/52/120452745_36d661dd12_b.jpg
----------------------

Anyone else having such problems??

check whether u hav been allotted NU plan on MTNL's website for checking ur session history.U might not been rebooting router at correct timesearch this forum regarding synchronising time with MTNL servers

What i cud make out is this is another example of not rebootin the routersee first one4th to 6th so u might hav d/l 49 mb in daytime on 4 or 52nd ----->10th to13th 3--->13 to 154th---->17to 195th --->19 to 20 6th -> 23 to 24n so onso all ur usage that it shows woud used in day time

@Sanke1: I definitely have been alloted the NU plan. In fact, that is what I had a big problem about in the beginning, when they had alloted me the wrong plan, but since then, there has been no prob.About rebooting at the correct time, I have the idea that if I reboot any time after 12 and then reboot again before 8, then the time in between should be counted as free downloads, shoudn't it?And I have been rebooting with the telnet script and windows scheduler ( which I think, I picked up from this forum itself) and 12:10 and again at 7:50. The problem is in the sessions, there are some starting at 12:08 etc., but they never end in the morning...Anyways, I'll still check out how to synchronice with MTNL server as you suggested, in case I'm going wrong, but I doubt it. @Akash: Going by you logic, Let me take the example of the first case (4th to 6th). If I had donloaded 49.5 MB's between 4th and 6th, why should I pay twice for it..??What I am trying to point out here is that The session shows the exact same time period with the exact same upload and download bytes also....

try rebooting it manually. have you checked if the script actually worked and does it actually reboot the router?about the session showing the same amount of data download, it is strange. :blink:the data which was counted during night time does indicate that the router was not rebooted at the proper times.

dude did ye try to manually add all the fig.Cause that double fig comes in my too

..........1. There have been repeated entries for the exact same time period, (sometimes with the exact same download and upload figures). This occurs regularly, with sometimes upto 6 repeat entries. (Marked by Black boxes in attached image file.) I have marked just the more prominent ones.........

Happened in my case today. When I logged in today morning, it showed only 981MB left. Then in session history, it showed 20 MB d/l from 31st March to 1st April! That too twice!!

31/Mar/2006 20:50:50 01/Apr/2006 11:18:36 20.478 21472764.955057042983504 3911662

31/Mar/2006 20:50:50 01/Apr/2006 11:18:36 21.4992 22543565.39246341182301 3911662

The PC was off yesterday night and I started it today exactly at the time showed above.

Also, I was having some trouble logging into register.mtnl.net.in.. it was giving errors like 'Wrong username/password" and "incorrect user id".

Something is fishy here.

@Viralbug:

I"try rebooting it manually"
If I could reboot it manually, then there was no question about running the script, was there? It is because, either I am out of the house, or I am sleeping at 8:00, and I cannot remember everytime it is 12:00.

"have you checked if the script actually worked and does it actually reboot the router?"
Of course I checked the script... I am not stupid.

"the data which was counted during night time does indicate that the router was not rebooted at the proper times."

what are you talking about? How do you know what data wascounted during nighttime and what during daytime? That's the whole point of this topic.

@Akash: No, I have not added them manually. That's a lot of work

Update: Got an e-mail from MTNL telling me to email to some other address. snet mail there, no reply yet, doubt that there will be one.

copy n paste in excel n addthat just takes bot 1 min.Dude by addin i never ment usin calc 😀 😛

i have the same problem with them sending me a bill for download charges of 9000+ every month......this is the third month in succession....thus i havent even been paying my phone bills......if the line is cut and the landline cannot be used who will be responsible for it?the ppl at the exchange are saying pay up and we will refund the money if we find a fault in the billing........my foot.....how would anyone pay 10-20k odd for such an idiotic service and an even more careless department....i need this triband or else i would have already thrown the router out from my window....i use a macro recorder and a scheduler that reboots my modem....i have seen it happen and it works perfectly fine....i reboot at 1210 hours and then 750 hours.....really frustrating.the ppl at the exchange say i am the only person facing such problems....i am really really frustrated anyone has a solution????

if restrating is an issue, u can try the bridge mode...it's lot easier to connect/disconnect that way...regarding the billing issue, if u're in delhi, then go to the barakhamba office of MTNL and meet the AGM broadband and ur issue will be solved...enjoy!!!

I don't want to go to bridge mode since the conn. goes through a Wi-Fi router before connecting to the pc's.And sadly, (or maybe happily), I'm in Mumbai... Anyways, I don't care now, I'm downloading inly on weekends...

my telephone line is cut......on non payment of bill......i got 5 bills totalling rs.25000+ for internet usage chargesSERIOUS ACTION MUST BE TAKEN NOW......SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO.....ILL BE GRATEFUL

My A/C Summary shows 20 MB more d/l than my Session history for the month of May. Same probs even with my friends a/c in Mumbai. Any1's facing this prob.

QUOTE(baudhayan @ May 13 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]51192[/snapback]
My A/C Summary shows 20 MB more d/l than my Session history for the month of May. Same probs even with my friends a/c in Mumbai. Any1's facing this prob.[/b]

Are you talking about the "Free ADSL MB balance for current month" value on the "Account Summary page ?

If so, then no, my account summary does not show more MBs than I have downloaded.

"Free ADSL MB balance for current month" value on the "Account Summary page is 661.01
Total in the "Quantity Billed (MB)" column on the "View Session Hostory" page is 342.9022