Bill Payments and Recharging on Amazon India

Sushubh

Administrator

Last edited:

raman07

Regulars
Hope it crush Paytm . Jab se modi ne Paytm ki add ki hai. Mujhe us company se na jane kyu nafrat ho gayi hai.

By the way why not airtel?

demonicult

unspecified
Regulars

Sushubh

Administrator
hard to say. Amazon has big plans with pay but they are expanding it very slow. but then they do things slowly. Flipkart is doing a much better job with PhonePe from what i am seeing. though even they have no support for power and water bills for my region. Paytm is the only service provider offering electricity bill for haryana. water on the other hand has no third party app support from my understanding.

Sushubh

Administrator
airtel is being a dick company here. they want their customers to use their own my airtel app so that they can push their own junk on them. the app is pretty good no doubt. but i do not need the additional nonsense of payments bank and dialer. they know they can get away with it and they are doing just that.

Sushubh

Administrator
PhonePe has no support for airtel. assuming Paytm still does, it is a miracle that airtel is letting them offer airtel recharges and payments. i have been using their own app to make payments for a long time now.

demonicult

unspecified
Regulars
@Sushubh
I think Airtel is just playing ball with Paytm because they have to based on their growing monopoly.
Airtel just wants to force AirtelBank on everyone. I hope Vodafone doesn't take that route with m-pesa, they already are kinda forcing users to register to it if they want to use the MyVodafone app.

Sushubh

Administrator
yup. there was no way to bypass the terms and condition popup and they opened m-pesa account for my dad's account. i would have dumped vodafone right there but dad does not let me mnp his number to another operator.