• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6,684

A.Pradeep

Madurai kaaran
ISP
Airtel 512 kbps Unlimited Broadband
Hi guys

I read this from another forum,so guys who are using BigTV Pls confirm this.They have mentioned that the picture quality in BigTv is really in full dvd quality and the picture quality is on top of other dth providers.Is it true?

Read this

From the forums:

About the STB:
It is made in Taiwan and has a Big TV logo imprinted on it, the STB and Remote are easy to handle and function very quickly and nicely as compared to Tata Sky and Dish TV.
Picture Quality:
The picture quality is excellent ant true DVD picture quality as opposed to the not so awesome quality of other DTH providers. Our rating for the picture quality is 10/10. There is no pixelation at all and the images are free flowing in Big TV.
Audio
For the first time ever, thanks to the miraculous MPEG-4 format, we are getting DVD like sound quality, it is crystal clear and miles ahead of current DTH providers, VERY clear and good effects too.
Channels
You can check out the list of channels at our Big TV forum, but they are showing 128 channels right now, once again, fantabulous picture quality.
Some Key Features:
- Easy Channel Navigation.: It is very easy to go through all the channels in Big TV
- Detailed EPG.: The EPG is complete with good synopsis and start and end times
- DVD Quality Picture: The picture quality is completely and truly DVD like in Big TV
- DVD Sound Quality: For the first time, like I said above, DVD like sound quality
- No Pixelation: Pixels are not an issue with this amazing system.
- Remote is very friendly: Not huge and confusing like Tata Sky and neither small and option stripped like Dish TV.
- Excellent Channel Switching: Hardly any waiting time in switching over to other channels.
I will soon add pictures of Big TV STB and Quality.

Yes they have best Picture qaulity and sound and you can say it Stereo sound. Much better then any DTH.:thumbsup:

I am using BIG TV from last 4 moths, i am very much happy with exellent sound quality but Video quality is just like dish Tv & Tata Sky (hardly 19:20 diff )

Hey now the BigTv logo is not coming on all Channels?Becoz i saw a video in youtube.In that i didnot see any logo on Star Plus,Sony,Star Gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just advertising like the other DTH vendors, everyone claims to have DVD quality picture and sound. Unless the Big TV STB offers 5.1 channel audio and component video output with 720 × 576 resolution its meaningless.Of course DVDs don't have a fixed audio/video resolution so technically 352 × 288 video and 1 channel audio is also DVD quality.

True! Even 720 × 576 can not be a criterion, because one can upscale VCD content to this resolution and watch it using component connection! It's the content that matters (quality and amount of compression). Audio/Video standards are too flexible, perfectly suited for exploitation by marketing folks🙂

the big tv stb gives a resolution of 576i via component and ever since they reduced the radio channels from 21 to 5 ,the video channels quality is better with less artifacts.hope they dont increase the radio channels again. another thing was there was heavy rains in bangalore and the signal was lost for about 30 min or so.big tv replied thats common.

yes i read u r topic.I am waiting for some clear screen shots of bigtv.Sp pls try to post it🙂

Exactly! I believe snaps taken on a camera from a video display would never be enough to judge quality. Instead, a video clip recorded from the source can be close to it's original quality. Again, if it is done using a computer, then tuner card, it's software and settings need to be fairly good as well. In my experience, freely available "Dscaler" software is very good at that when interlaced video is concerned (which I suppose is the case here). But, I think I am asking for too much now🙂

Exactly! I believe snaps taken on a camera from a video display would never be enough to judge quality. Instead, a video clip recorded from the source can be close to it's original quality. Again, if it is done using a computer, then tuner card, it's software and settings need to be fairly good as well. In my experience, freely available \"Dscaler\" software is very good at that when interlaced video is concerned (which I suppose is the case here). But, I think I am asking for too much now🙂

is there any way, i can connect my laptop to stb and can take input into a laptop and then i can record videos?

I don't know anything other than the tuner card way. Guess they must be having some way to do it, like the testing display that you had mentioned in your review. But that would be something confidential to Reliance!

Picture quality is worst on bigtv. its far away from dvd quality.Music channels or channels were you lots of image movements are not visible in bigtv. Full of pixelation.You can even recognize your favourite actor.I dont know about mepg 4 compression,but I am sure STB is not able to decompress the image properly.You can walk into any of the Bigtv showroom and ask for demo on 9xm, sun music channels. you can find yourself. I wasted my money buying bigtv :-(

xactli....^^^.....the quality of 9xm , music india, etc are so very awful.... same channel available with much better picture quality in cable tv nd scv set top box.:hysterical:

I was claiming that BIG TV pic Quality is very worst i did not find any difference between cable and DTH. But later, (i noticed the change in Just two weeks back), BIG TV has improved its video clarity. Also i switched to Component cables and Composite cables which gives a rich color experience and sharpness in the picture compare to the Composite cable.Audio clarity is clear and still i am unable to judge completely as i am going to by Home theater for this deepavali.. right now i am using tv speakers out for the Audio.