Bigbasket News & Updates

Grofers's minimum order limit for free delivery was already very low. Before the pandemic, it was flat 500. During the pandemic, it kept jumping from 300 to 1200 on random days. But I guess their 10 min delivery is what probably might have pushed them to change.

I placed an order last week, and it was delivered towards the end of the time slot. I had requested for a 7.30 to 10.30 pm delivery. They delivered it post 10.30 pm.

The next day, around afternoon I checked my order status and it showed 'packed', not shipped or delivered, but 'packed'. Out of sheer curiosity I hit cancel. The damn stupid automated system has issued a refund, and it has been credited. They sent an apology for not being able to deliver the order at time as well.

Now I have to contact them and pay the money back. I am not much of a smart person either, I suppose.

Last edited:
Earlier I could option for next day delivery. But now it shows minimum 3 days to deliver any order. Last time it was showing available slot after 6 days. What has changed suddenly?

Is it just me or prices on Big Basket have suddenly skyrocketed in the last week or so ?

Not sure about BB but Grofers is a mess. They have removed most of their self branded products which I liked to order. And discounts are more or less gone. Though I still find some good deals here and there. But it's not my primary choice of app to load when I have to order grocery stuff.