BIG TV STB does not power up

• Thread starter Thread starter omatunto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 8,348

omatunto

ISP
BSNL
My STB was working without any issues since Aug 2008. Today it does not power up(the standby light in red) does not glow. Before I go to the CC, do anyone here have come across such a scenario? Do you have any solution for this? How much does BIG TV charge for this kinda service?

Hi there,Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please share with us your Smart Card No. and Contact details so that we can help you resolve your issue soon.Regards, Reliance BigTV Online Support TeamYour feedback is important for us. Keep posting!

My STB was working without any issues since Aug 2008. Today it does not power up(the standby light in red) does not glow. Before I go to the CC, do anyone here have come across such a scenario? Do you have any solution for this? How much does BIG TV charge for this kinda service?

Ur warranty is expired those reliance ppl will charge u Rs 500 for dat.

U can try dis remove the smart card from the STB, den insert it was. Or it luks like its hardware prob.

The issue was identified within minutes of the service person landing at my place. He replaced the power adapter. I was charged Rs 300 for this. However all this took 5 days(including one public holiday) to get resolved. In other words, 5 days of my subscription lost. What was pathetic is that the CC promised that the issue will be solved within 48 hours and the Technical department put me on hold indefinitely. All they have to say is "I understand your problem. The issue is escalated. It will be solved ASAP". That was quite irritating when they keep repeating it. When asked for a commitment date, they did not have an answer.

In this process, I learnt that BIG TV charges Rs 175 for the service person to make a visit to your place for a complaint. If the STB had to be replaced, then Rs 500 is charged. If you want to switch to the HD STB, you get Rs 500 off on Rs 4490 when you return your old STB.

I was one of the early birds for BIG TV. This post is to share my experience. It is upto BIG TV to check how their CC and Technical dept care for customers, rather than being sorry to me.